A sweet, sweet lie.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Cheonsa couldn't say whether it was actually night or the trees were blocking the sunlight

Cheonsa couldn't say whether it was actually night or the trees were blocking the sunlight. Well, she didn't turn into a monster yet so it was probably not past sunset yet.

She mused that they had entered the very heart of the forest. The place looked like it had never seen human life before. The trees looked ancient. Even the birds and insects were eerily quiet. The place felt damp and an odd energy suffocated her.

It was getting more and more difficult for her to walk on the dense, wet forest floor. Heesung was cutting away small branches, which was blocking the way, with his small battle-axe.

They didn't exchange any words. It was not an awkward silence. She was rather enjoying it. She was kind of glad that she didn't need to work hard to avoid him. So far, he hadn't made any attempt to talk as well. There was simply nothing to tell.

Cheonsa knew that if she opened her mouth she would only complain about walking for so long and Heesung would eventually chop off her head.

Despite staying strong for an entire day, her body started to act up. Her throat felt dry and her vision started to turn black. She fished for her water bottle inside her bag. Once she found the cannister, Cheonsa leaned against a tree and took a few deep breaths. She bought the bottle to her dry chapped lips and gulped down half of its contents greedily.

As if Heesung could sense her delay, he turned around and scowled at her. She looked up at him with a tired but annoyed face but noticed that his scowl was replaced with a look of horror for a split second and again it was back to normal.

Cheonsa was about to push herself off the tree but he spoke up with an alarming voice, "Do not move."

This time Cheonsa was not worried about him killing her as her attention was drawn to her shoulder were Heesung was staring intensely. As soon as she saw what was there, her entire body shivered and she had the urge to crawl out of her own skin.

A big black spider- almost the size of her face was staring back at her with its beady eyes. Its legs moved ever so slightly as if it was contemplating whether it should jump on her face not attack her neck.

The spider looked terrifying. It had a shiny black body, big and round. It had long thin black legs. On top of its body she could see a distinct red spot. It was horrifying. She looked at Heesung who was taking all his time to come towards her at a very slow pace.

She pleaded him to come faster through her teary eyes . It was no time to act like a slow motion hero.

Heesung was coming at her with his dagger raised in air. His eyes were focused on the spider. In a swift flick of his hand, he tossed the spider off of her shoulder. She didn't stop to even look where it landed and dashed off, nearly smashing her head against another tree.