chapter four

Third Person POV

Y/n wasn't the only one whose sleep alluded them, however unlike her. Gamora awoke, after sleep took over, she awoke fist bared and eyes wide, fearing another attack. Having heard muffled yells and crying. Releasing her fists, she looked around, confusion replacing her fear as she continues to hear the whimpers. After listening to them, it becomes evident that the sounds are not threatening but caused by fear and terror. Noticing a jolt, she looks over the other side of the cell to her cellmate. The brunette human, whose nature confuses the galactic assassin.

"Y/n?" She calls, confused as she notices her move again, shaking in her bedding. Receiving no response she climbs out of her bedding and cautiously crosses over to where the brunette lays. There she notices how her body is crumpled into a fetus position, clenching the bedding around her in her hands, Y/n's cries and gasps are muffled by the bedding pulled to cover her mouth. "Y/n!" Gamora says more sternly, unsure how to approach the situation she goes to place her hand on Y/n's arm, but after leaning over the girl's body and noticing the tears running down her cheeks she freezes.

With the lack of knowledge or experience in caring for other people, she stands pacing around the room, trying to identify a probable solution. Hearing the sound of other inmates leaving their cells and getting up, Gamora looks back over to Y/n. Sighing before walking over to her again, crouching by her side and delicately touching her hand to wake her up. "Y/n.. it is ok?" She says, uncertainty lacing her word at her discomfort. Y/n stops crying. urging her to continue to talk. "Y/n, wake up, Y/n come on", shifting Y/n moves out of Gamora's grip starting to wake up, her muffled cries and trembles seizing.

Taking the opportunity, Gamora stands fidgeting with her hands briefly before furrowing her brows, confused at her awkwardness. Instead of waiting to encounter and talk with Y/n. She leaves, walking out of the cell and navigating through the levels until she runs into Peter and Rocket.

"Good Morning Gamora" Peter chirps, noticing her. Rocket rolls his eyes before looking behind her "Where's Y/n?" He asks. Gamora shrugs moving past him. Rocket tilts his hand sharing a look with Peter. "I am Groot" Groot says walking up to them.

"I am Groot" He repeats after Rocket looks at him contemplating. "Alright I agree, you should go check on..." He stops as he sees crowds around the prison cell blocks, before seeing her emerge, her head down and muttering to herself "...her" Rocket finishes as Y/n approaches them.

"hi?" she says looking at them confused, as they stare at her. "What just happened?" Peter asks, nodding to the crowd behind her.

"Oh, them... they're fine. Now, where is the food?" She asks before looking over to the ques of food and sighing. "What happened with Gamora?" Peter asks, as they walk over, Y/n turns to him confused. "I don't know? She was gone when I woke up" She says as Gamora comes to them, a tray in her hand as she lines up in the queue, smiling lightly at the group.

[][][][][][][][][][][]

Y/n POV

"If we're going to get out of here, we are going to need to get into that watchtower" Rocket says, after we all filled our trays with what I can only describe as leaves and slop.

"And to that, I am going to need a few things" He continues, after gesturing to the central watchtower.

"The guards wear security bands, to control their ins and outs. I need one" He says as we look over at security guards, using the said band to enter through locked doors. Before I can offer to go after them, "Leave it to me" Gamora says, already staring at her targets.

"That dude there... I need his prosthetic leg" Rocket adds pointing to a man who walks near us, I frown. "Why?" I ask, "His leg?" Peter adds confused.

"Yeah, it's... very important to the plan" Rocket says

"Alright, I'll get the leg then," Peter says.

"And finally, on the wall back there is a black panel. Blinky yellow light.. do you see it?" He asks as we sit down at a table, before looking over toward the central tower again and seeing the light.

"Yeah?" Peter responds. "There's a quarnyx battery behind it. Purplish box, green wires. To get into that watchtower I will need it" Rocket continues, from the corner of my eye I notice Groot moving away. But I don't think much of it.

"How are we supposed to do that?" I ask. Rocket looks over at me, then looks at the three of us. "Well, supposedly ladies, these bald bodies find you attractive. So, maybe you can work out some sort of trade?" Rocket poses, I scrunch my face up

"Ew, you've got to be joking"

"No, I really heard they find you attractive" Rocket says, Peter looks at Gamora. I flick my eyes between them, stifling a laugh at Gamora's oblivious face, as she continues to talk with Rocket while Peter gives her heart eyes.

"Look it's 20 feet up in the air and it is in the middle of the most heavily guarded part of the prison... it's impossible to get up there without being seen" Rocket says, very pessimistically. I look over at Groot and see him standing near the middle tower.

"Guys what is Groot-

-but I got one plan" Rocket continues as they continue discussing the plan. I start to zone out, thinking about what my friends would be doing back on earth, and how crazy it is that I am not on earth but in some space prison.

"And that plan requires a frickin' quarnyx battery so figure it OUT!" Rocket yells, his voice almost muffled as I imagine, Fury barking orders at Nat, Clint and myself. The thought almost made me smile until sirens started blaring through the prison. As I blink rapidly, I look behind me and see Groot, with the battery in his hand and an innocent smile on his face.

Hearing Rocket yelling and cursing, I look back at them

"I take it that was not supposed to happen?"

"No, just like you not paying attention to the whole plan"

"I paid attention, I just zoned out after you said quarnyx battery" I defend

'yeah... I zoned out after you sat down

"So what do we do?" I ask, raising my voice over the deafening alarm. Rocket slumps in his seat pinching his nose "Well I guess we improvise"

"I'll get the armband," Gamora says, Peter nods "I'll get the leg," He says and they both stand and go in separate directions.

I look over to Rocket who holds his hands up "You can help distract or do your own thing" he suggests. I nod standing looking over to one of the lock gates that leads to where they are holding all of our belongings.

"I got an idea," I say, he nods, before groaning as drones enter the room and surround Groot while a voice asks him to drop the battery. "You help Groot and I will be back... don't leave without me" I warn before running off.

a/n: I promise I didn't forget about uploading, I was just stuck with this chapter, which is why I am still not overly happy with it.