chapter seven

"It's called Knowhere, the severed head of an ancient celestial being... Be wary headed in rodent, there are no regulations whatsoever here" Gamora literates as we fly toward Knowhere, with my face inches away from the glass, as I look at the splurge of colours, and how the skull mixes with debris adding to the dreadful but exciting rush of adrenaline.

Rocket snickers muttering something about being called a rodent, only I hear since I am sitting closest to him. He navigates us through the mining colony and comments on the idiotic flying of other spacecraft. Gamora continues to explain Knowhere, including the grim details of what is being mined and gathered.... bone, brain tissue and even spinal fluid, which all get sold on the black market.

Peter makes some reference to earth, which ultimately isn't that fascinating but Drax seems to like it, much to my amusement as we start venturing into the streets or platforms of Knowhere. Groot gives a little girl a flower, which was very cute he then smiled at me and continued walking until we reached the place where we were to meet the buyer.

Because we need to wait around for the buyer's representative to come to collect us, we separate. Peter and Gamora disappear somewhere alone together. Groot, Drax and Rocket go to a gambling establishment, where they bet on lizards killing each other. I was only there for a couple of rounds before a radio market took my interest.

"Go away" a man snarks as I enter, pushing the door open. I smile hesitantly offering a wave before moving closer.

"I said go away... I'm busy" the man continues. I poke at something which makes him sigh, turning his attention to me. "FINE, what is it you want lady," he asks. I pull out my phone which no doubt is out of range and has no reception. Dangling it in front of him, making him look at it strangely.

"Can you help me connect this to my buddy's satellite?" I ask, pointing at the array of buttons and flashy lights going off on his dashboard. He opens his mouth before squinting at my phone and shaking his head, turning away as he begins pushing buttons.

"What satellite do you want to connect to?" He asks, which makes me frown slightly, having not fully thought this out, or if it would even work.

"Uh try Stark Industries Satellite?" I say, he hums typing it in, and waiting, before a pair of coordinates appear making me smile. He chuckles, muttering compliments to himself. He takes my phone plugging in wires and devices to connect it, whilst he nods at me to the screen.

"While I do this, you can send a message... test it out," He says, I look over at the screen then down at the knobs and buttons. "Just push that red button, twist that knob and talk," he says softly when he realises I didn't know what to do. Gingerly I lay my hands over the button and knob, twisting and pressing until the room goes silent, and he gives me a nod I start talking.

-------------------------------------------------

Avengers POV

Avengers Tower

-------------------------------------------------

After moving into the tower, Bruce had often found himself hold up in his and Tony's shared lab, working away on equations and ideas. Or discussing and explaining to Tony, why he is not an acclaimed psychologist and should not be mistaken for a therapist because of his PhDs.

"Tony I already told you I am not that kind of doctor so, please. Stop trying to distract me with your gossip" Bruce sighs pinching his nose, as Tony tries to talk to him about how someone made a mistake with his cheeseburger order.

"Bruce I'm telling you, there must be something wrong with that person, who in their right mind PUTS -

"Sir I am afraid there is an urgent call from Stark Industries coming through" Jarvis interrupts much to Bruce's relief, Tony rolls his eyes. "Send the call to Potts, she can handle it" He dismisses, making Bruce look at him unimpressed. "Sir I am afraid Miss Potts claims this would be of your interest" Jarvis continues.

"Fine! But if it is George from design again, tell-

"TONY" Bruce shouts, before clearing his voice and readjusting his glasses. Tony looks at him annoyed, slightly curious at his raised tone. "Look behind," Bruce says simply, behind Tony. Jarvis had projected an audio reading from the Stark Industries Satellite. "Nevermind... Jarvis what's coming through, turn the audio up please" He says.

The audio is turned up distortions and crackling ring through the room, making both scientists cringe at the noise almost opting to turn it off because of the lack of... well anything but the distortions clear up, as a voice can be heard trying to talk over the noise.

"Hello?"

"Hello? can anyone hear me?"

"Are you sure this thing works.....ok ok sorry just double checking" Tony's snark leaves him, as he realises who is communicating with him? Having not heard from her in weeks, he turns to Bruce almost in disbelief as her voice continues to come through the audio.

"Jarvis-

"Yes Sir, this message is being recorded and is currently live" Jarvis replies knowingly, making Tony smirk, as he walks over to his computer, as Jarvis brings up a screen of his own. Allowing Tony and Bruce to reply.

"So while I wait for a response.. and for uh what's your name?" She asks, to assumingly the other person in the room. "While Vincent connects my phone to this satellite, if you are hearing this I am Y/n Hill and have a message for the avengers. That sounds serious, it is not a serious message..." Bruce smiles removing his glasses as he watches Tony's smile widen at the girl's rambling, having noticed that the two of them ramble when they are nervous or excited about something.

"Stalker!" Tony finally says, making Y/n go silent making Tony fear he disrupted the connection, but when he hears laughing... her laughing he is relieved. Bruce continues to watch his science bro, proudly after hearing him rant about his worries for Y/n he is glad he can finally talk to her. However, he also realises he is not alone in worrying about her so he quickly texts Nat and Clint to come down to the lab.

"Stark..wow I did not think this was going to work, no offence Vincent," She says, Tony chuckles taking a seat at his desk so he can be closer to her voice, which Jarvis is now playing through the screen closest to Tony and Bruce.

"Hill you don't understand how good it is to hear your voice right now," Tony says, over distant mumbling in the background. Y/n chuckles "I missed you too, genius," she says, Bruce laughs at how Tony reacts, patting his shoulder as he takes a seat next to Tony.

"Hello, Y/n, it's Bruce," The scientist says. "Bruce! Oh wow, this is so cool you would not BELIEVE what I have seen like I am on a planet that collects spinal fluid!" she exclaims voice beginning to get more and more excited as she reconnects with her friends.

"That is- that is very fascinating, just please ...don't touch it" Bruce warns disgusted by what he just heard. Tony clears his throat, resting his chin on his hand as he leans closer. "When will you be home?" He says, cringing internally as he realizes how domestic and almost clingy he sounds. The communication goes silent, which makes them both share a look.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah? Sorry I have to go, my friends are fighting but as for when I should be home... I don't know. But don't miss me too much and send everyone my love... I will talk to you soon" She says ending the connection and allowing for the fizzling crackle to return before Jarvis turns off the communicator and Clint and Nat burst into the lab.

"Y/n!" Clint shouts, Bruce looks at him sadly. "She's gone, had to cut her communication short," He says, Clint clenches his fist looking down dejectedly. "Well, what did she say?" Nat asks, moving further into the room despite her disappointment. Tony looks over as she looks at him waiting, smiling lightly he shrugs chuckling

"She found my satellite... we will be able to communicate with her," He says in short, making Nat smile looking over at Clint as his shoulders relax, a small smile appearing on his face.

.

.

A/n:

Quick note, I don't know how space communication works so if this is inaccurate I am sorry, but this is fictional. Anyway I hope you all enjoyed it, I wonder if you picked up something from reading this... a certain someone's name being mentioned again?

Anyway happy reading, hopefully, another chapter soon. School is kind of hectic right now so I am not sure. But please vote and comment it makes escaping from my life and coming here so much more enjoyable. :))