chapter thirteen

a/n: This chapter is more heavily focused on those living at Avengers Tower anyway, Happy reading; please feel free to vote and leave your thoughts in the comments 

When Yondu came, we told him we had a plan, he nodded, not listening before informing us that we each had room to stay in while we travelled to Xandar, which also contained our new uniform... which was a dire necessity that had to be put on before we gave our plan.

I then quickly walked away from Yondu and followed one of the Ravagers, who lead me to the room, which of course was pitiful in size, compared to Peter's room, but hey what did I expect the man did plan on murdering me merely 20 minutes ago.

The room was small, to say the least, having a single bed, and a small window that looked out into the expansive space, the room also featured a small bathroom, small as in a tight fit with a toilet and sink shoved in with a mirror above the sink. Walking back to the bed where there was a neatly set out Ravagers uniform, which was tight, burgundy leather.

Putting the uniform on and ensuring my personal belongings... which at this point only consisted of my phone and necklace were secure. With the necklace secured around my neck and the phone hidden away in one of the suit's many pockets. I then left the room, walking into Gamora as she came to knock on my door, intending on walking with me to the armoury to collect weapons and to meet with the team.

"What do you think?" I ask doing a twirl while I walk next to her, she chuckles as we stop at the armoury, a wall of weapons hanging off the wall and displayed on the table. "Lovely, red is your colour" She snarks. I roll my eyes bowing sarcastically "thank you"

My eye catches on an array of daggers, which she seems to follow picking one up and placing it in one of her holsters on her belt. Doing the same I also walk away toward the blasters... because they don't exactly have the same firearms we have on earth. But I grab two that look the most similar to handguns and attach them to my utility belt as well.

"Ready?" Peter asks coming into view, dressed in his uniform matching Gamora and me. I shrug looking to Gamora who nods. "Ok Yondu is waiting let's do this" Peter confirms walking away from us and into a hallway which is where we all meet up, Groot, Rocket, and Drax join us in their matching uniforms and saunter down the corridor... honestly it was kind of badass...

*a lot of plan briefing and detailing later*

After telling Yondu and his team the plan, we had roughly 30 minutes before we would be arriving at Xandar. So I decided to return to my quarters and make or attempt to make a call. Because it is not every day you are going to an alien planet to fight in a battle against an alien race who has the power of an infinity stone which incinerates anything it touches.. i.e making the call home, because I might need to say goodbye.

Not that I don't have faith in the plan or the team... but again an infinity stone that destroys everything that touches it.

Hitting the phone against my palm I wait for a signal, praying to whatever God was listening that I was still in range of the satellite, which proved to work as my phone lit up, and the call automatically started to ring. Which startled me for a moment because I didn't call someone, meaning someone is calling me.

Accepting the call, I lean my back against the wall eyes narrowed as I take in my appearance at the bottom of the screen.

Third-Person POV (Avengers Tower)

"Tony I swear to God if you are in here when you are supposed to be meeting with the financial board I'm going to..." Pepper stops just shy of Bruce and Tony's lab door as she watches as her former lover, his science partner and an archer all laugh and cheer excitedly ... at God knows what.