chapter ten

Enjoy, and don't forget to comment and vote! <3

"Hill, you alright?"

"mmph?" I hum turning away from the projection, jaw clenched and fingers jabbing into the flesh of my arms.

Tivan smirks at me, knowingly, before clapping his hands giddy, as the orb opens up revealing the stone. Rocket walks closer next to Tivan, peering over his arm to look at the stone.

"Blah Blah Blah, We're all very fascinated, whitey, but we'd like to get paid" Rocket snarks, Tivan rolls his eyes the purple holograms disappearing. However, a nagging part of me wants to take the stone far away from Tivan and just simple return home.

"How would you like to get paid?" Tivan asks, moving slightly away from the bench, so we can gather around him, however from the corner of my eye I see the pink lady, assistant, walking closer to the stony, determination set in her eyes. Prying myself away from the group I start walking back to her.

"What do you think, fancy man? Unit!" Rocket exclaims, continuing to bicker with Tivan as he goes to hand over units, but he like me, notices the girl's proximity to the stone, and although I am closer it doesn't change the conviction on her face.

"Carina!" Tivan says sternly, "Stand back!", the girl- Carina, looks up from the stone frown deeply set in her features reaches out her hand whilst yelling at Tivan, the other prisoners standing in their enclosures with worrisome expressions and frantically tapping the class to dismiss her.

"I will no longer be YOUR SLAVE" She yells... "NO" Tivan yells running toward her but it's too late, even as I tried to push her aside she grips the stone in her hand, unleashing the power stones' power, and causing everyone to be thrown backwards, with sparks flying everywhere and debris falling.

Carina screams, a loud and painful scream, as I watch unable to move from the fear as her body is corroded with purple cracks and lines, making her skins burn and disintegrate. Around me, everyone scrambles to get to cover, with me being the only one frozen in place and watching her.

Standing, I awkwardly begin to shuffle back, eyes glued to Carina's person, as her scream continues to ring throughout the room, followed by the purple smoke and blast shooting everywhere, turning I begin to run out until I dive behind a sturdy-looking enclosure, just as she explodes, the blast erupting like a raging volcano, the purple haze sweeps through blasting past everything, and smashes the glass around me, the force throwing me forward onto my stomach, my legs sprawled out uncomfortable amongst shards of glass.

Just as quick as the explosion occurred the purple disappears, and the room stills, groaning I roll onto my back and cringe at the metallic taste of blood, and the stench of smoke and debris coating the room.

"What the" I hear Peter gasp, before I pull myself to my knees, leaning back as pain sprouts through my torso. Hearing footsteps, I feel a hand on my shoulder before it helps pull me up, and Peter and Gamora come into view, their pupils dilated and hair frayed, and somehow they lack the same cuts that I bare.

Now standing I rush to the orb closing it, with the stone in par and we leave the building, tension brewing as Gamora's rage rises. Scoffing she shakes her head. "How could I think Tivan could contain whatever was within the Orb?" She says, more rhetorically than asking for an answer, as my head throbs. Groot and Rocket run up to us, and Rocket rubs his hands frantically through the fur on his face.

"What do you still have it for?" He shrieks, and I grip the orb tightly.

"I-" clearing my throat I look down at the orb, "I can't leave it behind," I say, he stares at me like I'm delirious, but Peter stands by my side in agreement.

"What are we going to do leave it here?" he says, and Rocket shakes his head his eyes wide as he stares at the orb. "I can't believe you had that in your purse!" He yells, Peter looks at him deeply offended whilst I begin to zone out.

"It is NOT a purse, it is a knapsack" Peter defends. Finding it hard to breathe I thrust the orb into Peter's hands before walking away, ignoring the way they shriek at me passing the orb. Pressing myself against the closest wall I sink to the ground, pressing my hand to my chest, breathing heavily yet feeling like I am not breathing at all.

Blocking my thoughts, more importantly, the sounds of potentially Mal trying to berate me for being weak, I unconsciously grab at my necklace fumbling with the jewel between my fingers whilst it changes to show a visual of a group of people, that my muddled mind can't interpret, so instead, I use my free hand to grab my phone which is hidden under my vest, and somehow is still working and call the first number I can.

"Hello Director Fury speaking"

"I... I can't breathe"

"Hill?"

"I'm so so scared Nick," I say voice trembling, I hear him take a deep breath

"What's going on? Do you need me to come to get you?" he asks, making me splutter, coughing as I realise he doesn't know where I am.

"you can't... I don't know what to do?"

"Y/n...I am going to get Nat, ok, but take a deep breath alright... breath in" he says calmly, and I do, and then he tells me to breathe out and I follow his words until I hear him whispering to someone and the phone is handed off.

"Y/n!" I hear Nat, ask worried, I feel more of my composure start to slip.

"Nat," I say resigned, "Oh Y/n, your ok, your going to ok?" she says, I scrunch my face up as I look down at the jewel in my hand and watch as a visual of Nat on the phone comes up, with Fury and Clint hovering nearby.

"I'm scared Nat", I say watching as she looks at Fury and Clint nervously. "Y/n, you are one of the toughest people I know, you can do this, just focus on your breathing and tell me what happened"

I go to open my mouth, but as I look up I watch as Drax is yelling, and cheering as hundreds of Ronin's ships come into view, hovering in front of him. I then see Gamora turn to me, and run over to me. "Y/n come on we got to go" she yells, as they all begin to run.

"Y/n?" Nat repeats.

"Fuck!" I yell banging my head against the wall, despite the pain.

"Do you have to go?" I hear her ask, taking my silence for an answer, she hums as I begin to stand.

"ok, well we love you, be safe and please don't get yourself killed," she says trying to lighten the mood, I chuckle breathlessly and hang up pocketing my phone before I run after Gamora.

"What's going on?" I ask, when I reach them, climbing into pods. "Drax contacted Ronin, and now Yondu, the blue guy, is after me," Peter says. Whilst getting in a pod of his own, I nod "Ok what is the plan?" Rocket sighs turning to me,

"We will try to get the orb far away, you and Groot stay here and keep an eye on Drax, make sure he doesn't get himself killed," Rocket says, making Groot look at me after the three pods take off.

"I am Groot," He says with a shrug, I let out a breath before rubbing my hands over my face, wiping away the blood and dirt and tears.

"Yeah ok, let's go Groot"

"I am Groot"

"Yeah I'm fine," I say with a quirk of a smile 

A/n:

Just want to add, that we are halfway through Guardians of the Galaxy...

Also what did we think, this was probably one of the first times we spoke to Fury since finding out he was alive.