chapter twelve

"You call that FIGURED IT OUT? We're are going to rob the guys who just beat us senseless" Rocket yells, after his threat to blow up Yondu's ship, with us on board might I add, Peter talked him down and spoke to Yondu who allowed them on board, for what currently is a briefing going not so well.

"Oh, you want to talk about senseless?" Peter stands looking at Rocket pointedly "How about trying to save us, by blowing us up?!" he adds, while I massage my throat feeling the bruising already appearing from being strangled.

"We were only going to blow you up if they didn't turn you over!" Rocket yells back, I groan rolling my neck before dropping my head forward, dropping my hand to press against the seat, the bickering noises irritating my already injured head. "And how on earth were they gonna turn us over when you only gave them five seconds?"

"We didn't have time to work out the minutiae of the plan... this is what we get for acting altruistically" Rocket continues, I hear Groot agree which only adds to Rocket. "They are ungrateful"

"Excuse me for not giving you my thanks, I am merely recovering from nearly being strangled!" I say exasperated, tired by their relentless yapping. "I am Groot" "NO she is not ok? She just said she nearly died why would she be ok?" Rocket complains. Gamora sighs looking at me briefly before looking at Peter and Rocket

"Look what's important now is we get the Ravager's army to help us to save Xandar", "So we can give the stone to Yondu whos just going to sell it to somebody worse?" Rocket asks. I shake my head.

"We'll figure that part out later," Peter says, I sigh. "No, No nobody will see the stone, nor will anybody be trading the stone away to some shifty alien dude..." I say, whisking my hand in the air as I look at each of them. "The stone, the infinity stone is not something, a trinket. For us to just shrug of ok. If we don't figure out a keeping place for this weapon, I will take it and guard it... but right now, we need to stop Ronan"

"Can we backtrack first, how do you even know about the infinity stones?" Peter asks. Rocket hums pointing up at me. "Yeah, and how did the weird guy in the cape know who you were?" I raise a brow looking at them both, before Gamora also sends me a look, a look similar to a look Nat gives when she is also interested in what I have to say.

"Firstly I don't know how he knew me, my guess it relates to this destiny bullshit I have been only told recently... which I don't have the time or energy to talk about now. And Secondly, the stones have suddenly become a big part of my life, which sounds stupid but you don't need to know the Knitty gritty to trust, trust me when I tell you they are some stupid stones to weigh down your papers or use to decorate your ship"

"But for now, we need to concentrate on stopping Ronan," Gamora says, sending me a reassuring smile. "How? Do we even know what we are going up against at this point?" Rocket asks.

"I have a plan," Peter says, ominously, eyes wide as he stares down Rocket, furrowing my brows I look at him, surely he is not making one up right now... right?

"You've got a plan?" Rocket restates, equally as confused.

"Yes..." Peter says, his head shaking slightly when he speaks, clucking my tongue I look down, if this was back home, we would have already formed a plan by now. "First of all, you're copying me from when I said I had a plan" "No I'm not" Peter defends.

"People say that all the time. It is not that unique of a thing to say" Peter continues, staring down Rocket. "Secondly, I don't even believe you have a plan" Rocket continues leaning forward in his seat. Groot looks at me, with a hopeless smile and with a shrug of his shoulders. Gamora leans over and murmurs "He doesn't have a plan", I smirk as she retreats.