chapter twenty nine

I know it has been a while, I apologize but here is the next chapter, let me know what you think and perhaps leave a vote?

In earnest, I didn't know where I would wake up. If I would wake up even. Mal had never taken over me with that much intensity that I had no recollection of it.

It was terrifying.

But I did wake up, slowly. And when I did I noticed I wasn't in my room. I was standing in the middle of the lab with Bruce in front of me watching me patiently. The lights in the lab were, bright. It hurt, I squeezed my eyes shut before rubbing my temples where I felt the cords attached to my temples and wrist. "What the" I pull the cords off of me and look at Bruce curiously just as he stares at me.

"Hill? Are you, you?" He asks, whilst I hear footsteps behind me and I turn to see, Maria and Clint watching me carefully. I look down as I turn around. "Yeah, it's me, what happened? What did Mal do?"

"Enough," Clint said pointedly. I sighed, "How many?" Bruce looked over my shoulder to the three behind me. "Y/n don't" "How many casualties did she reap?" I ask.

"twenty-four" Maria responded. I close my eyes "Shit... is Tony-" "He's ok" Bruce said softly. I feel my shoulders slump. "That, that's good," I say relieved. "Yeah, but what was that? How long have you known?" Maria asked.

That?

My head pounded when her voice rang through, I gritted my teeth. "She, Is an alternate version of me that is somehow connected to me and has abilities that I don't-" "Such as disappearing into shadows?" Clint blurted. I closed my eyes.

"As for when? Well, I've known for a little while" I lied, Maria glared at me. "Did Hydra do this to you?" She asked honestly, I recoiled from instinct. "No" "Are you sure? Did Hydra do this to you when they tested on you?" She asked. Immediately I felt it all again. "No," I said more adamantly. Maria went to say something more but stopped when she saw my expression. "What did I do?" I asked quietly, more in shock than in question.

"How long have you been like this?" Maria asked. "Been like what?" I asked looking up at her, she tilted her pointedly. "Dangerous" was her only response. I swallowed thickly. "Aren't we all" I lamely responded. Maria raised her brow. "Not to each other," She said before walking away. Clint looked at me sadly before mumbling something about making sure Maria didn't get her hands on a pair of handcuffs.

Apparently, I wasn't subtle when I wiped the stray tear away. Bruce placed his hand on my shoulder. "If it means anything, know you are among those I trust the most" Another tear slipped as I hugged him tightly, which shocked him but he eventually hugged back.

"Thank you-" I huffed pulling away "Thank you Bruce" He chuckled readjusting his glasses. "No worries, now Tony is on his balcony" Bruce began, I nodded confused as to where he is going with this. "He wasn't injured, but I know you should go and talk to him"

"Oh" I nodded and he tried to hide his smile but then gestured to the door. "Go" He nudged. Wiping another tear I laughed. "Are you playing a matchmaker Bruce?" His cheek turned a light shade of pink. "Just go" He dismissed.

I held my hands up in mock surrender as I left the room and made the short trip to the elevator. Before I could push the button Jarvis had already done it for me. "Jarvis?"

"Going up Ms Hill?" He replied knowingly. I sighed and just watched the numbers rise until the elevator chimed and the doors opened. "Ms Hill you have arrived at Mr Stark's floor, you will find him on his balcony" Jarvis spoke. "Thanks, Jarvis" I deadpanned, walking out onto his floor, which is amazing by the way.