14

joe
hey, you forgot your purse.

val
omg i've been looking for that all day😫

joe
it's 12pm, i bet you've been up for an hour

val
how dare you. an hour and a half😏

joe
omg , i am so sorry

val
should be ya dick

joe
🤣🤣 do you want me to drop it off or anything??

val
ummm, sure but i'm literally about to leave the house for a press thing, would be you able to meet me there?

joe
ughhhh, if i have too

val
i hope you die in s4

joe
👀

val
😐

——

valerie fastened her coat as she walked into the building, running over to jacob as she hugged him. "omg, i missed you so much," she smiled as they walked into the room, sitting next to the rest of the cast.

"a five minute break, then back to the press room." a voice shouted out as the cast talked with one another, a small knock coming from the door as joe walked in. Valerie smiled as she made her way over.

"hey, fancy seeing you here." joe joked as they had a small hug and she grabbed her bag. "did you go ratching? where's my gun!" she looked at him as he chuckled.

"i'll never tell." he winked, as she leant on his arm and placed her bag into her tote. "so, how long have you got left? i'm actually excited for the stranger things press tour." he told her and she laughed out.

"about half an hour, then its just z, syd and alex left to do a photo shoot." she told him and he nodded, looking down at her. "it's fun, but god it takes forever. it's better with people than apart." she told him as he nodded.

"mm, i bet. well i have nothing on today, wanna grab something to eat after?" he asked and she nodded. "i lost my purse so it's on you." she winked as he pushed her towards the couches.

"go do your job dosser." he shouted as she crinkled her nose. "dosser? you're so british." she teased as he rolled his eyes, and smiled as he watched her sit next to jacob.

"who's that?" zendaya leant forward into her ear and she chuckled. "you're allowed to have your little british secret, why can't i?" she said as z lightly punched her arm, both of them chuckling as the press resumed.

after a long forty minutes, val made her way over to joe who was still laid on the wall, jotting down in his tatty journal. "what ya doinggggg?" she asked as she peaked at his book, as he closed it. "none of your business," he replied. "where you wanna go?"

"umm, god. where are you staying?" she asked as they walked out of the building, around the back. "valerie, stop trying to get into my hotel room, you are moving way to fast." he said as he held out his arm for her to take.

she smiled at the gesture as she linked his arm and pushed him playfully. "oh you wish quinn, just walk in that direction and we'll find something." they walked along the streets, before settling on just eating in the hotel lobby.

"i swear this fish is alive." he told val as he played with it on his plate, laughing out loud as shook his fork to get it off the end.

"joe, stop flinging food around, you're gonna get band." she said as she hid her face, bright red from laughing at him. "garden salad, boring fucker." he told her as she gasped.

"how dare you, do not speak or look at me for the rest of the evening." she said as she looked up at the sky. "oh my god, is it really night time already?" she asked as they both looked up at the sky, joe looking back at her as she stared at the stars.

"i want a star, imagine how cool that would be." she told him as he nodded along, taking a sip of the water in front of him. "would be very cool."

she looked back down at him and smiled, taking a picture of him, as he glared at her. "payback is a bitch baby." she laughed and he rolled his eyes, leaning back in his chair.

"oh shut up." he laughed, as he paid the bill, looking over at her as she thanked the waiter and stood up. "i'm getting it next time." she told him and he chuckled.

"obviously, we're going somewhere expensive then." he joked, putting her jacket on her. "thank you." she smiled as they walked over to the lobby, and sat on the couches.

"god, it's my birthday soon." she gasped and shook her head. "i'm getting so old joe." she faked cries onto his arms as they wrapped around her.

"oh be quiet, when is it?" she sat up as he kept his arm over her back, she sighed and looked at the day. "the sixteenth." she shook her head and looked at him.

"six days? omg, you're near death val." he joked and she nudged him, smiling slightly. "i know, twenty three. such an ugly number. i can't sing taylor swift anymore."

"just change the lyrics." he chuckled and she nodded, laying her arm on his shoulder, as he moved his thumb up and down her arm. "i need to go." she said as she laid there.

"i know, it's one am." they laughed as they looked around the empty lobby. they sat there for another couple of minutes in silence, finding it comforting, just being in each other's company, before the door opened and enya and finn walked in.

"oh god, mom and dad are here," she groaned as they got up. "am i grounded?" she asked as enya shook her head. "yes young lady, go to your room." enya shook her head as finn held down his laughter.

"c'mon, i wanna go bed." finn groaned as valerie walked over to them, waving bye to joe as he walked towards the elevator. "enjoy for fish doggy bag." hes shouted, as valerie bit her lip.

"i can't wait for it." she shouted back as they laughed, both going their separate ways, enya looking at val as they left the hotel. "omg, stop, i hate it when you're happy." she pushed her as they got into a fight on the sidewalk, finn recording and egging them on.

after two minutes, they all jumped into the car, talking about what colour enya should dye her hair, but valerie's mind was playing the perfect evening on a loop in her mind. she could still feel his fingers circling on her arms.