21

val sat down on the edge of his bed as he poured her a cup of tea, she thanked him as she held the cup in her hands. "i'm sorry." she said to him as she tilted his head to the side.

"what?" he laughed lowly, as he sat down next to her. "for just barging in, i should've just gone to syds." she told him as he wrapped his arm around her waist. "stop, you're always welcome val." he said as he pressed his lips to the side of her head.

she closed her eyes and leant against his shoulder. "thank you." she whispered as he smiled, before she placed the cup down and grabbed her bag. "i'm gonna go book a hotel." she told him as he grabbed her wrist, pulling her closer to him.

"shut up, you're staying here." he told her as she sighed, and he playfully pushed her back into the bed. "joe!" she squealed as she hit the mattress, a small smile on her face as he jumped onto the bed next to her. "you okay?" he asked, looking up at the ceiling as she stared at him.

"yeah, i'm great." she smiled as he turned to face her, she looked at him before she sat up and looked at the door. "i'm gonna shower. is that okay?" she asked as he nodded, getting back up off the bed.

after a quick shower, she walked back into the room as joe laid over the covers, she looked over him before he looked back at her. "hey, i'm gonna take a pillow or two and sleep on the couch." he smiled as she groaned. "no, i'm sleeping on the couch."

"no, you're not." he told her as he grabbed a pillow and laid on the couch, stubborn as she was, she grabbed a pillow and also laid on the couch, looking down at him as she lifted herself up on the couch and he rolled his eyes.

"i hate you." he said laying his hand on the small of her back. "now, bed or couch quinn." she said as he picked her up and threw the both of them back onto the bed, laughing out as they looked at one another.

"better?" he rolled his eyes as she nodded, smiling softly as her phone rang. she picked up and put it on silence. "night." he said as he turned around, she looked at his back for a second or two before turning around and closing her eyes.

"val..." she flicked her eyes open to see joseph looking down at her, she felt his arms around her, she looked down as she laid on his chest, she laughed awkwardly as she closed her eyes.

"sorry." she mumbled before pulling away, sitting up against the bed board. "shit, what time is it?" she said as she scrambled out of the bed and looked at the time. "shit!" she said as she grabbed her clothes, running into the bathroom and changing. "fuck, fuck, fuck." she shouted as he watched her in amusement.

"am i that repulsive?" he joked, she looked up at him and rolled her eyes. "my family's coming into town today, and they're probably at my house." she rambled on, before she sighed and pulled on her boots, looking at him as he laid on the bed. "i'm picking you up at 6, be ready." she told him as she pulled her top over her head.

he smiled as she ran out of the door, still cursing to herself as she ran to her car, she drove along the road as her phone kept ringing she rolled her eyes as she pulled up outside of the house, running inside as she was met with her friends and family.

"oh thank god." enya ran up and gave her a hug, as did her father. "damn, what y'all think happened to me?" she said as they all just looked at her. "well, great." she nodded as she stepped down the stairs and grabbed a grape from the bowl.