31

a
year
in
the
life

one month later.
"hey." joe sat down next to val as she put her book down and smiled at him. "why hello there." she chuckled and kissed his cheek. a knock at the door interrupted their conversation, as she sat up to get it, he placed his hand on her knee and shook his head before he stood up and walked to answer it. "you're so domestic."

he chuckled and shook his head, as he opened the door and smiled. "val!" she heard his name call her, she placed her phone down, she jogged over to the door and squealed and hugged the man. "what are you doing here?" she asked as they walked inside, a confused joe following them.

"i went by the house, and josi told me i could find you here.." he said as he looked over the apartment. "uh, yeah i was going to invite you and iris out when we were finished decorating." she told him as he smiled. "introduction?" he told his daughter who nodded.

"oh yeah, right." she pointed to her boyfriend. "joe, this is my dad, dad this is joseph." she smiled at the two of them, as joe shook his hand. "it's lovely to meet you mr. vaughn." he said as her dad nodded and smiled, before chuckling. "sorry, i was trying to be serious and intimidating, but i can't." val shook her head as the two of them spoke about the apartment.

"oh my god! you need to meet your grandson." she shouted as hee dad stood still, his eyes widened. "it's a turtle. not a child." joe immediately said after vals burst of excitement, her father sighting and relaxing. "oh, good." the two of them followed her into the bedroom, as she sprinkled lettuce into the bowl of food.

"harold, this is your grandfather." she introduced the two of them as her dad shook his head and stared at the animal. "nice to meet you harry." joe facepalmed as val spun to face him. "harold. not harry, harold." she told him sternly as her father nodded slowly. "you always were special baby." he told her as she smiled before frowning.

"was that an insult?" she asked, before her dad went back to talking to joe, the two of them ignoring her. "i need attention harold." she played with his shell before he bit her finger. "ouch! not that much attention." she scolded the reptile who went back to eating. "dickhead." she whispered at him.

"don't speak to my son like that." joseph told her as she groaned and threw herself back into the bed. "man, fuck you all." she rolled her eyes, as the two of them laughed at her, she looked at the turtle who's head was bobbing as if he were laughing too. "cant catch a break man.."

two month later.
joseph sat down in the sand as he watched valarie run towards the water, he smiled as she stepped into it, looking up at the sun. she ran back over to him, jumping into his arms as she kissed the side of his face. "i love you." she sighed as he laughed, laying back on the sand.

"i love you too." he told her as she smiled, kissing his nose, he looked up at the sun. "tell us three months ago we'd be back here together." he said as she frowned, playing with the strand of his hair. "i'm going to ask you to marry me here." he said as she chuckled. "not paris?" she rolled her eyes playfully.

"no. full circle.." he whispered as he kissed her neck. "they've found us." she whispered as joe groaned, throwing his head back into the sand as the faint sound of cameras got louder. "race you back to the car." he said as he pushed her off him and started sprinting.

"fucked up joe!" she shouted as she blew sand out of her mouth, before running after him, joe sat in the passenger seat smiling cheerfully as val got into the drivers seat. "i hate you." she grumbled, as joe laughed, putting on his playlist. "oh god.." she cried as he started singing 'riot fan'. she banged her head on the steering wheel before setting off before the paparazzi could catch up.