epilogue

"fancy seeing you here." joseph said as he wiped a tear from the corner of his eye, valarie chuckled and tilted her head, as her father kissed her cheek and she stood opposite him. she took a deep breath and blinked her tears away as she looked at him.

"if you are ready to step into the holy circle of matrimony please so indicate by joining hands." the two of them snatched each other's hands, small laughs erupting from their mouths, as they continued to stare at one another.

"i now know, the two of you have written your own vows for one another to share?" the pastor asked as the two of them nodded, keery passed joseph a piece of paper, he thanked him and opened it, looking at valarie.

"val. i met you three years ago, although it feels like i have known you my whole life, i love you more than you will every understand, more than i will ever understand. you are my sun, my moon, my stars, my whole life. no matter what, i will always be there for you. you are my soulmate, i never used to believe in that sort of stuff, but.. you. you turned my whole world upside down. i never imagined that i would meet you, i never knew someone like you could ever exist, someone who makes every second of the day worth it. i know we've had our ups and downs, but they're all worth it in the end, even when we're miles apart, i know i can just look up and you'll there, watching with me." he wiped away and tear and pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. "i knew the minute i was definitely going to marry you, it was when i came home, and you were crying on the floor, i asked you what was wrong.. you said that you lost harry. i was stood thinking, how the fuck has she lost a turtle. and then you told me you called the police, because someone must have stolen him, and then you found him. in his tank." he stopped and let out a small laugh as did everyone else. "i promise you, that no matter what, i will forever be on your side, forever be your number one fan, forever be your best friend, and greatest confidant. i love you valarie."

she smiled, and grabbed a tissue, drying her eyes. "i love you. i love you so much. i could never begin to describe who you are to me, all i know is that you're apart of me, my whole heart. my life, my lifeline. you know that saying, fell first and fell harder? somehow i feel like i'm both, you're the only person i will allow myself to fully embrace, to fully love, to be vulnerable, to be in love with. i promise to always see you for what you are, even when you can't, an amazing, talented, loving, sexy, knowing man, my husband, the love of my life. i promise to wash the tens of thousands knives that you leave after using. without you joe, i am nothing, but with you. god, i'm more than myself, i am the woman you see, the woman i have always dreamt to be. even when you are so stressful, you make me pull my hair out in chunks, those moments make us who we are. even when you won't step into the water because it's too cold. i will force you, but i will not force you to watch gilmore girls again. even though it's a work of art. you are my everything, my best friend, my husband, my yesterday, today, tomorrow and forever more. i couldn't imagine my life without you, and i never want too. josephine, you are my everything, and more. i love you beyond words, actions, beyond everything. i love you."

the two of them stared at one another as everyone clapped. "mine was better." he mouthed as valarie laughed and playfully hit his arm, they held onto each other's hands once again, tighter than before.

"do you, joseph quinn take valarie vaugh as your wife, to love her, to cherish her, nurture her, and support her, in times of joy and in times of difficulty? do you promise to remain by her side regardless of what trouble befalls you, and in the presence of temptation to forsake this love, do you promise to remain steadfast and true? do you promise with all your heart and soul to honor this vow till death do you part? If so answer now, "i do." joseph smiled, and shakily answered "i do."

"do you, valarie vaugh take joseph quinn as your husband, to love him, to cherish him, nurture him, and support him, in times of joy and in times of difficulty? do you promise to remain by his side regardless of what trouble befalls you, and in the presence of temptation to forsake this love, do you promise to remain steadfast and true? do you promise with all your heart and soul to honor this vow till death do you part? if so, answer now, "I do." valaries grip tightened on his hands, as she nodded and said "i do."

the pastor smiled and nodded "and so we come to the presentation of rings by which you symbolize and bind your love." joseph's nephew ran up and handed the two of them the rings as they reluctantly let go of each other's hands.

"let the seamless circle of these rings become the symbol of your endless love and unending faithfulness. your wedding rings are most special because they say that even in your uniqueness you have chosen to be bonded, to allow the presence of another human being to enhance who you are. as you wear them through time, they will reflect not only who you are but also the glorious union that you are now creating."

"joseph, place the ring on valaries finger and repeat after me." joseph grabbed the ring and placed it on valaries finger, repeating "with this ring, i pledge my love and faithfulness to you for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health as long as we both shall live."

"valarie, place the ring on joseph's finger and repeat after me." val chuckled and placed the ring on joes fingers, shaking her head to get rid of the tears, as she said "with this ring, i pledge my love and faithfulness to you, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health as long as we both shall live."

the two of them smiled at each other, as she wiped the tears which dipped down his cheeks, as she dabbed her eyes down, before the pastor closed the book and looked at the two of them. "now, as a representative of jesus christ and the state of california, in the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit, i now pronounce you: husband and wife! you may kiss your bride!" he said as joseph grabbed vals waist and pulled her into him, crashing his lips down onto hers, as she wrapped her arms around him, cheering filling the reception.

joe lifted her up, carrying her down the aisle, as he sped up, everyone chucking confetti at the two of them as they got into the car, and began driving off, as everyone cheered them on. joseph drove down the road as val stared at him, "valarie quinn." he said as she smiled, playing with her ring, as he placed his hand on her thigh and squeezed it. she smiled and kissed his cheek, as he pulled up at beach.

the two of them got out of the car as she jumped back into his arms, kissing him, he smiled and held onto her, running towards the water. he looked up at her, as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his nose. "we're going to be late for the reception." she whispered as he tucked his face into the crook of her neck, as played with his hair.

the two of them collapsed back into the sand, chuckling, she laid back and took off her vail, letting her hair fall down, he wrapped his finger around a strand and kissed her, this time it was soft, slow. they had all the time in the world. "i love you." he whispered, "i love valarie vaugh." he chuckled as she placed her hand on his lip. "i love joseph vaugh." the two of them chuckled and looked at each other.

this was it.

the two of them, back where it started.

mr and mrs quinn.

this was the end of the story.

but the start of their lives.

"val?" joseph sat up, as she leant on his arm, holding onto his hand, as she span his ring around his finger. "yeah?" she said softly, as he kissed her head, and watched the waves smash against each other. "are you real?" he asked, as she smiled, kissing the palm of his hand. "are you?" she asked, he looked down at her. "how'd i get so lucky?" he whispered as she chuckled. "i have no clue." he rubbed her cheek, and kissed her once again.