The Demon Traitor

Rui didn't know what to expect when he woke up inside a wooden box beside Tanjiros sister, Nezuko. He also didn't expect to be impaled in the shoulder with a nichirn blade by some guy cackling outside the box. Seriously, what did he get himself into?

All Rui simply wanted was to atone for his past mistakes and become a better person. Not getting immediately beheaded by the Hashiras was just an added bonus.

But being woken up and impaled by a nichirn blade? Rui could only guess this was the 'trial' that the kasugai crow was yapping on about, which meant that he was in the main headquarters of the Demon Slayer Corps.....full of Hashiras that won't hesitate to behead him...... And Tanjiro is outside getting put on trial for harboring two demons, himself and Nezuko....yeah, they were all gonna die...

Rui felt the box hit the ground roughly, blood dripping down bit by bit through the tiny slit the sword had made earlier. His demonic instincts urged him to bust out of this box and devour whoever was doing this. He wanted to rip this human (regardless on rather or not they're a Hashira) into shreds and then feast on the sweetness of their flesh and blood.

But something kept him from doing so... Was it his humanity that was slowly returning? Could it be himself suppressing his own instincts?

Before Rui could think about it, he felt the box going up into the air and hitting up against a wall of sorts. He and Nezuko then got stabbed again by the same nichirn blade, Rui trying to protect Nezuko from getting the full brunt of the attack.

He wanted to cry, scream, lunge at the person and carve their innards out, but that's exactly what they want him to do. Rui refused to let the individual near him suffer, refused to give them the validation that he was just another one of Muzan's demons.

The individual then pried the door open with his nichirn sword, himself alongside the others watching an irate Nezuko come out of the box slowly. Rui followed shortly after, his eyes twitching as he was trying to scramble his words together. The audacity of this bit-

Rui closely watched as the blood dripped out of the man's wound, his instincts trying to urge him to immediately bite the flesh of his arm off. Everything else went radio silent, the only thing Rui could focus on was the blood trickling down onto the floor drop by drop. It smelled delicious...very delicious..... Why would he refuse such a treat in the first place?

"Rui!" He heard his mother call out to him, "Don't give in!"

"Give in to your instincts, Rui," He heard another voice say, instantly recognizing it as his former master, Muzan Kibutsuji.

"You can do it, Rui, your mother and I believe in you!" His father said as he placed his ghostly hand on Rui's shoulder.

"Is this how you're going to betray me, Rui? By suppressing your natural instincts? Your need to feast? Kill? Serve?" Muzan angrily asked.

"No, I'm not serving anyone..." Rui muttered under his breath, "Not anymore..."

"You are nothing, NOTHING without the powers I have bestowed you with! You are an ungrateful child, a traitor! If you betray me now, there will be serious consequences." Muzan threatened as Rui stared the demon king dead in the eyes.

"Sorry, Muzan, but I'm no longer just some puppet you can use and discard at your own leisure. I am taking back control, and I sure as hell am not making the same mistake again by trusting you. Consider this m-"

Suddenly Rui felt a powerful force controlling his body, his hand forcefully gouging at his right eye and ripping it out of its socket.

"You will regret this," Muzan said as he lost control of Rui's body, Rui collapsing on the floor and heavily panting.