Something is going on here; Rui and Tanjiro vs Enmu's Assistants.

Rui knew something was off when he felt everyone on the train fall asleep. He knew it was the work of a blood demon art, the tickets everyone had gotten stamped reeked of blood, in fact this whole train reeks of blood. This whole mess clearly was the work of Lower Rank One, Enmu.

'Hm, perhaps this is why Ubayashiki sent Tanjiro and the two stooges here to help out the Hashira. Quite comical that a Hashira as powerful as Rengoku needs help defeating someone pathetic like Enmu.'

But that wasn't what felt off about the situation; Enmu never had been this powerful before. They wasn't able to consume large quantities of human at once nor take over an entire train. Ma-Muzan must've given them a large quantity of his blood recently, but the reason behind it is still unclear to Rui.

Regardless, this was a dangerous situation for everyone (especially for the Kamados, Boar-head, and Zennuku) to be in. This must've been a set up from the start, one Rui himself had foolishly walked into.

Slowly opening the door to their shared box, Nezuko climbed out and headed straight over to where Tanjiro was. She tried waking him up, but couldn't to no avail.

"It's pointless," Rui said as he got out from the box, "He and everyone else here is under the effects of a blood demon art."

Nezuko huffed, staring determinedly down at her brother as her body began to grow back to its normal size. Bracing herself, Nezuko headbutted Tanjiro as hard as she could in an attempt to wake him up. Blood began pouring down her face as tears balled up in Nezuko's eyes.

Rui was debating on rather or not he wanted to laugh his ass off or comfort the younger demon. He decided on comforting her, as he wasn't in the mood to get lit on fire (or face the wrath of one angry Tanjiro).

A few minutes later Tanjiro woke up screaming, heavily panting as he places his hand on his chest. He was alive? Was it all just a dream?

Nezuko smiled, looking up at her brother with a worried expression.

"Nezuko, you're okay!" Tanjiro said as he looked at his sister.

"Don't worry, she's fine," Rui responded as he patted the smaller demon on the head, "Though she did get injured while trying to wake you up. You were just under the effect of a blood demon art."

Tanjiro gasped, "A blood demon art?"

Rui nodded, "Yeah, everyone else here on the train is asleep because of it."

"But why are there people connected to the ropes on the others wrist?" Tanjiro asked him before coming to a sudden realization, "The rope..Wait.."

Tanjiro held up his wrist, noticing the ends of the rope has been singed off. Could it have possibly been Nezuko's blood?

"Hey Nezuko," Rui said as he pointed over at Zenitsu, "Try using your blood demon art on the rope."

Nezuko nodded, slowly getting up and heading over to Zenitsu's location. She used her long fingernail to cut open her palm, blood dripping down onto the rope. The rope immediately went ablaze, disconnecting Zenitsu from the unknown male lying beside him.

"Ah, it worked!" Tanjiro gasped in shock.

Rui nodded, "Yeah, but I still don't know how we're going to wake everyone else up."

"I don't know," Tanjiro sighed before looking over at Nezuko, "Hey Nezuko, could you use your blood demon art to burn the other's ropes?"

Nezuko nodded, immediately getting to work on burning the ropes. While she and Tanjiro were distracted with trying to wake the others up, Rui noticed a girl with twin braids sneaking up on Tanjiro with an ice pick in her hands. Before she could attack, Rui immediately used his blood demon art to subdue her.

"Rui!" Tanjiro gasped, looking behind him as he heard the demon activate his ability.

"She was going to try and kill you, Tanjiro," Rui said as he sat the tied up girl down onto a nearby seat.

"You're all interfering! All of you! Now that you're all here he won't allow us to have any happy dreams!" The girl yelled out in anger.

Before Tanjiro could react, another woman lunged at him with an ice pick in her hand. Tanjiro dodged the attack, allowing room for Rui to use his blood demon art to subdue her. A man slowly rose from unconsciousness, picking up a nearby ice pick and lunging at Tanjiro. Rui quickly subdued him, kicking the man to the ground.

"Why are you all working alongside a demon? Who is this 'he' you are referring to?" Rui angrily asked one of the attackers.

"He told us if we'd kill you all he'd give us happy dreams!" The man shouted.

"But who is this 'he'?" Rui asked again.

"We don't know! He just came up to us one night and told us he'd give us happy dreams in return for reaching and destroying the spiritual core!" The man responded.

"Rui, it's clear they have been manipulated by a demon," Tanjiro said as he looked at them all with kind, caring eyes, "They just want to be able to have happy dreams and live the remainder of their lives peacefully."

"Can't say I'd blame them," Rui sighed, "For some reason I can relate to how they must be feeling. To be helpless and trapped in a never ending cycle for the rest of your life, waiting for an opportunity to be relieved of any pain and suffering. It's sickening how people are willing to take advantage of others when they're at their lowest (even if I used to do that myself)."

"Yeah," Tanjiro responded sympathetically, "But there is definitely a demon behind this."

"You go ahead and stop the demon, me and Nezuko will protect the passengers," Rui said as Nezuko responded with a simple 'mmph!'

Tanjiro nodded, opening the door behind him and heading out towards the top of the train. He and the others are going to stop this demons reign of terror no matter what...

Even if it costs them their lives.