An unexpected alliance

Mitsuri's voice bubbled with excitement as she prattled on aboutthe virtues of floral patterns in traditional Japanese kimono designs. "You see, Rui, Nezuko, the intricacy of the sakura blossoms symbolizes the fleeting beauty of life, while the chrysanthemums represent longevity and endurance..." She paused suddenly, blinking as if realizing something. "Oh, wait, why am I going on about this? We have more important matters to discuss!"

"So there's this group of demons who are currently residing in the sewers of a nearby town. Usually demons don't really form groups, aside from you and your... uhm... family, Rui... so I find it odd that there's one existing at this current moment," Mitsuri explained earnestly.

Rui's expression shifted slightly, a hint of offense flickering in his eyes at Mitsuri's unintentional jab from inside the box. Clearing his throat, he replied, "Well, I'll have you know, Mitsuri, my 'family,' as you put it, was quite formidable and efficient in our own right. It did take numerous slayers to even kill them off."

Mitsuri quickly caught the change in Rui's demeanor and realized her misstep, "Oh, Rui, I'm sorry if that came out wrong. I didn't mean to undermine your family's strength."

"Thank you, Mitsuri. I appreciate it," he replied, his tone more relaxed now.

"As I was saying," Mitsuri resumed, "the group of demons we're targeting are supposedly traitors who have broken free from Muzan's control, much like you and the demon siblings." She glanced at Rui, gauging his reaction.

Rui nodded, understanding the parallel.

  "I see. So they've defied Muzan's authority just like we did. That makes them dangerous and unpredictable," he remarked, a hint of admiration in his voice for their defiance against the powerful demon king.

Mitsuri nodded in agreement.

  "Exactly. Which is why it's crucial that we apprehend them before they cause any chaos or harm to innocent people," she added, emphasizing the importance of their mission.

Rui nodded in agreement, his expression serious.

"Yes, we can't allow renegade demons to roam freely and endanger others. We'll need to be cautious and decisive in dealing with them," he affirmed, his determination evident in his tone.

Mitsuri smiled appreciatively at Rui's resolve.

"That's the spirit, Rui. With your skills and Nezuko's strength, I'm confident we can handle whatever challenges come our way," she said, expressing her confidence in their abilities as a team.

Nezuko, who had been quietly listening, nodded in silent agreement, ready to support her companions in whatever lay ahead.

As the group arrived at the village late at night, Mitsuri peered down into the dark abyss of the sewer entrance, her brow furrowing with concern.

  "Oh, um, do we really have to go down there?" she asked hesitantly, her voice tinged with apprehension.

Rui and Nezuko exchanged a glance, understanding Mitsuri's discomfort but knowing there was no other option.

  "Yes, Mitsuri. This is where the demons are hiding," Rui replied calmly, trying to reassure her.

Taking a deep breath, Mitsuri nodded, steeling herself for what lay ahead.