Reflections of the past; Training with Nezuko

The atmosphere in the Hashira meeting room was tense as all ten pillars of the Demon Slayer Corps gathered, each bearing the weight of their responsibilities and the recent events that had unfolded. Kyojurou Rengoku, the Flame Hashira, stood at the center of the room, his fiery presence commanding attention.

     With a deep breath, Rengoku began to speak, his voice filled with a mix of determination and urgency, "Fellow Hashiras, we stand here today to address a matter of utmost importance. The recent encounter on the train has raised questions that demand our attention and careful consideration."

     He paused for a moment, allowing his words to sink in, before continuing, "Nezuko Kamado and former Lower Rank Five, Rui, played a significant role in defending the innocent passengers aboard that train. They fought alongside us, demonstrating bravery, selflessness, and an unwavering commitment to protecting human lives."

     The room buzzed with murmurs of disbelief and skepticism. The idea of demons aligning with demon slayers was a concept that challenged their long-held beliefs. Rengoku, undeterred, pressed on.

"We must recognize that not all demons are irredeemable, that there is potential for change and coexistence. Nezuko and Rui have shown us a glimpse of that potential. Their actions have spoken louder than their origins, and it is our duty to acknowledge their worth."

Aoi, the recently appointed Medicine Hashira, stepped forward to join Rengoku. Her voice resonated with compassion and wisdom as she added, "I have personally interacted with Rui, and he has demonstrated a willingness to change. He has shown remorse for his past actions and a desire to protect humanity. We should consider the possibility of redemption, for his sake and for the sake of our shared mission."

Rengoku and Aoi's words hung in the air, their impact gradually sinking in. The Hashiras exchanged uncertain glances, their beliefs shaken and challenged. The battle against demons had always been a black-and-white struggle, but now shades of gray began to emerge.

After a few moments of contemplation, Shinobu, the Insect Hashira, spoke up, her voice filled with a mix of curiosity and cautious optimism, "If what you say is true, Rengoku, and these demons possess the capacity for change, then it is our duty to investigate further. We cannot let our preconceived notions hinder us from exploring the possibility of a different path."

One by one, the hashiras expressed their thoughts, some with reservations, others with a willingness to entertain the idea of redemption. The room transformed into a space of open dialogue, where doubts and fears mingled with hope and possibility.

In that moment, Rengoku and Aoi knew that their words had sparked a change within the hearts of their fellow hashiras. The path to acceptance and coexistence would be challenging, but they had taken the crucial first step—their comrades were willing to consider the potential for redemption.

With a renewed sense of purpose and unity, the Hashiras committed themselves to investigating Nezuko and Rui's circumstances further. They vowed to find a way to protect humanity while also giving demons a chance at redemption, a chance to break free from the shackles of their dark origins.

As the meeting drew to a close, Rengoku and Aoi exchanged a determined glance. They knew that their journey toward understanding and acceptance had just begun. The path would be long and arduous, but with the support of their fellow Hashiras, they were ready to embrace the challenge.

United in their mission to protect humanity, the Hashiras left the meeting room, their footsteps echoing with the weight of their collective decision. It was a small step, but it was a step toward a future where demons and humans could coexist, where the boundaries between good and evil were blurred, and where redemption and forgiveness could thrive.