The Kamaboku Squad goes through hell; Rui's first mission

The last few days have been oddly...uneventful. For some reason, Tanjiro along with his friends keep disappearing somewheres and coming back completely exhausted...like the life has been sucked out of them. With nobody to talk to and the staff actively avoiding him like the plague, all Rui did was just lay around in a dimly lit room and play with his treads...until a girl with two pigtails (Aoi) busted in and told him to come meet Shinobu in her office.

     Rui internally groaned at the thought of seeing the Insect Hashira again. Not only did he find the woman creepy, she also smelt heavily like wisteria flowers. Actually her whole office smelt like the accursed flower, which is a major red flag in Rui's eyes. How have people not noticed anything?

     Walking down to Shinobu's office, Rui came in and was met with Kanao instantly drop-kicking him to the floor.

     "Kanao, don't drop-kick our 'esteemed' guest to the ground," Shinobu reprimanded her in a light tone, "After all, he's going to be accompanying us on our latest mission!"

     Rui's eyes went wide as he slowly got up off the ground. A mission? With those two psychos? Ubayashiki really must want him to die!

     "I'm sorry master," Kanao bowed before walking over to stand beside Shinobu, pulling a coin out of her pocket and fiddling with it. She clearly must've been a slave before Shinobu took her in, Rui can just tell.

     "It's okay Kanao!" Shinobu smiled as she patted her sister on the head, "As for you, demon.."

     Rui gulped.

     "The four of us are going to be going on a mission together!"

     Yep, Ubayashiki really does want him dead...

     Shinobu started to explain, "Rumor has it that the elusive blue spider lily has finally been found! Our mission is to find the flower and destroy it before Muzan can gets his hands on it. Do you have any questions?"

     The blue spider lily has finally been found? After a thousand years of searching? Was this some sort of joke?

     "I'll take that as a no! Okay, that's good! We'll leave the mansion this afternoon and head out towards the location! Kanao, make sure to tell Aoi to bring a sword with her just in case any demons try to attack us. Oh by the way demon child, Tanjiro gave me permission to borrow Nezuko's box for the mission, so make sure to tell him I said 'thanks' on the way out!" Shinobu said as she ushered Rui out the door, "Bye bye, child demon!"

     But he didn't even-

     The door slammed shut in Rui's face as soon as his body made it out into the hallway. Seriously, this all has to be some sort of joke! There is no way in hell that the blue spider lily actually exists! No way in hell!

     If there's a slim chance that the elusive flower does actually exist, then Rui knows that his former master would probably send some demons out to fetch it for him. Which type of demons would Muzan most likely sent out? Rui thinks Muzan's going to send out two Lower Rank demons out to get the flower, as the last time he sent two non-rank demons out to do a mission it didn't go out very well...

     Walking down the hallway, Rui noticed a nearby door was opened. The room smelt like a mixture of both sweat and...tea? He could hear the sounds of a familiar blonde whining along with a certain pig-tailed girl reprimanding him for complaining.

     Taking a quick glance at the room, Rui saw the boys training with both Aoi and three unfamiliar girls. So that's what they've been doing the last couple of days? Rehabilitation training? That looks like pure torture!