Rui's first checkup, featuring one Kocho Shinobu

Waking up to the sounds of someone screaming is not how Rui wanted to start his day. The fact that he's currently residing in the Insect Hashira's home alongside Tanjiro and Nezuko adds on to his annoyance as well, along with the fact that he no longer possesses the powers he once did as a member of the Twelve Kizuki. But he was the one who made that decision, so Rui would just have to live with the consequences of his actions.

He knew what would happen if he betrayed Muzan, Rui knew that when he first joined the Twelve Kizuki as Lower Rank Six. If any members of the Twelve Kizuki betrayed Muzan, they would either get instantly killed or permanently branded as a traitor, their powers fading alongside their place in his ranks. In Rui's case, Muzan was going to most likely send the others after him for his betrayal, since he was very close with Muzan...

To think that man had groomed him to be a killing machine from the start made Rui sick on the stomach. Did he treat any of the other demon ranks like that? Was it just him? Rui will never know...

Walking out of the darkly-dimmed room, Rui groggily rubbed his eyes as he walked into the hospital wing Tanjiro and the other demon slayers were staying in. There he found the source of all that screaming; a blonde boy with shortened limbs wailing as a girl with two pigtails was force feeding him some sort of liquid. He must've ran into his 'elder brother' sometime during the night and was most likely on the verge of turning into a demon before he got rescued, probably by that madwoman Shinobu.

Tanjiro motioned for him to come over and sit on the hospital bed with him, clearly annoyed by the blondes antics. Rui walked over and sat down beside him, scrunching up his face as he heard yet another high pitched wail.

"Is he always like that?" Rui whispered into Tanjiro's ear, earning a nod in return.

"Yeah, he is."

"I'm quite curious to see how he would react if he saw us sitting together," Rui said as he glanced over at a nearby depressed Inosuke, "What's up with him?"

Tanjiro shrugged, "I don't know, but it probably has something to do with why he's in the hospital."

"He probably ran into my 'father' and got his ass beat," Rui internally chuckled at the thought of the boar-headed guy getting his ass kicked.

"I just wasn't strong enough to-" Inosuke paused for a second before looking over at Rui, "YOU! YOU'RE THAT FLYING SPIDER I SAW IN THE WOODS!"

Rui blinked for a few seconds before responding, "I wasn't actually flying, dumbass, I was gliding through the air using my treads."

"You can actually do that?" Tanjiro asked with a shocked expression on his face, "That's so cool!"

"It's nothing special, really. I just do it so people will find me more intimidating considering that I'm...well," Rui gestured to his body, "Short."

"IF YOU THINK YOU'RE SO FUCKING INTIMIDATING, THEN FIGHT ME!" Inosuke shouted, causing Zenitsu and Aoi to look over in their direction.

"WAIT, ANOTHER SPIDER DEMON? ARE YOU HERE TO KILL ME?" Zenitsu shrieked, pointing a finger at Rui.

Aoi just looked at the group unamused for a few seconds before gesturing Rui to follow her, "Lady Shinobu wants to see you."

Rui's face paled at the mention of the so called Insect Hashira, "Shit...."

Tanjiro looked at him sympathetically as he patted Rui on the back, "I'm sure she just wants to check up and see how you're doing."

"Or I'm probably going to be sent for examination.....Yay...." Rui internally groaned as he got up off of Tanjiro's bed and followed Aoi out the door, "I'm so going to end up dead by the end of today...."