Chapter 9 : The Arrest

Father Roberts saw the curtain was drawn at the confessional booth, indicating someone was waiting for confession. He took his seat in the cubicle, where he could see the presence of the person through a screen, but he pressed a hidden button.

From his phone showed the top view of the other side, fed by a hidden camera and microphone. The recording will benefit his future manipulation if it's a potential target. From the image he made out a teenage girl with dark hair, she was wearing a black leather jacket and tight jeans, troubling teen no doubt, a potential target.

"Father, Son and Holy Ghost. When was your last confession?"

"Bless me Father, for I have sinned." he saw the girl made the sign of the cross.

"And what do you wish to confess?"

"I have hurt people, Father." the girl answered.

"Tell me more."

"I beat up a bunch of people, during a service, in another town."

"Go on."

"I broke someone's arm, and threw another down a flight of stairs."

"Oh dear."

"And I've beaten an old priest in red dress, who looked like a clown."

Roberts froze, feeling a chill went up his spin.

"What is your name, child?" he asked cautiously.

"Lorelei James."

The old man was about to make a run, but someone yanked the door open, a silhouette of a young girl in blonde hair, a face he never forgets.

"But... but..."

He turned back to the window in confusion, trying to make sense of all this, a fist punched through the screen, hitting him right on the face.

The blonde girl grabbed him by the collar, pulling him out of the booth and into her knee, the impact dropped him like stone.

"Wait! You don't understand!"

He's words were answered by a kick to the face, the girl in dark hair came out from the booth, stomping hard into his guts.

"Stop! This is the house of God!!" Roberts cried in agony.

"Today this is the house of God Damn You!" Kalani sent out another kick.

* * *

By time the girls were settled, Cardinal Rivers was tied to his office chair. Chloe was sitting on his desk, her hand on a recording device taken from the confessional booth. Kalani was checking his laptop.

"I don't even know how to rate this!" the Columbian girl laughed at the screen. "How do they rate child pornography? The contents stretch from U to triple-X!"

"Who were the other benefactors?" Chloe asked.

"You don't understand!" the Cardinal grunting in pain. "They are very powerful people!"

"I understand enough. I was there, remember?"

"Please! I had to do what they say! They are Albanians! They're crazy! They almost cut off my ear!"

"Albanians?" Chloe narrowed her eyes.

"Yes! They got me here to keep my job! They'll kill me if they find out I'm talking to you!"

"Cut off your ears, eh?"

Kalani got up, went across the room and carried a full size mirror, placing it in front of the Cardinal. She then sat across the man's lap, her hand revealed a cold steel talon blade.