Chapter 25 : Out of Dodge

Instead of heading out of the city, Kalani drove north.

"I thought we're done here, what else is there?" Chloe asked.

"I wanna see the result."

"What result?"

Kalani pulled the taxi to a stop, not far ahead, York Street was sealed off by police and fire engines. Heavy smokes were rising from a building, and sheets were spread all over the ground of dead bodies.

They got out the car and approached on foot, passing reporters speaking to their networks, some said it was a robbery gone wrong, some said it was territorial war, naming the members that are dead behind the police barricade, some said the investigation will go on for months as it was tied to members of high officials arrested in an Albanian brothel the night before, and the Internal Affairs has already launched their own investigation toward possible corruptions.

The bag of grenades they received were dummies, the only two real ones were with Kalani and Chloe, leaving the Albanians fighting only with the guns in their hands, they were as well walking naked into a lion's den.

But the Ukrainian victory was short lived when police responded to the gunfire, with their armored vehicles and advance tactical gears, the Philadelphia Police Department was more than happy to wipe out the entire organization for good.

"You did all that??" a voice asked from the road, it was Sabrina and her gang.

"I can neither confirm nor deny the event that may or may not happen." Kalani looked at them with a smile.

"So this is it? They're all gone?" Sabrina looked at the scene in disbelief.

"It's all up to you now." Chloe smiled. "To rebuild your home."

"But where shall we start?"

"Maybe this can help." Kalani showed them a bag full of cash, on top was a piece of paper. "I took it from the Albanians on my way out, on the paper I wrote down every stash house and meth lab of the two organizations. I'm sure you'll find more cash there, maybe renovate them for those who need a home."

The gang was overwhelmed, never dreamed of seeing that amount of money in their lives.

"Just promise me you'll burn all the drugs, and everything else is yours." Kalani said.

"Won't you stay and help us? We can use a boss like you." The gang asked.

"Nah! I don't like bossing around, too much responsibility!"

"You guys are the boss now." Chloe said. "You are responsible for your neighborhood, friends and families. Help them to build a better life."

The gang watched the two stepped into the yellow cap and drove off, thinking how to plan their new life ahead.

Inside the car, Chloe picked up her phone and dialed a number, finally delivering the words she has been longing to say.

"Mom, I'm coming home!"