dinner disaster

A/n: so idk how many of you guys have read all the heartstopper books, but anyways, David is nicks homophobic brother :/
TW: dark language???

*CHARLIES POV*

I knew how awful these dinners could be for Nick and me. I rarely actually ate, and Nick was often harrased by David. If I'm honest, I'm not sure why the Nelson and Spring family still do these. Either way, Nick and I find ourselves knocking at Sarah Nelson's door. "Hey, we don't have to do this you know" I say to Nick. "No. I want to do this" says Nick trying to fake confidence. "If you say so" I said right as Sarah opens the door.

"Nicky!!!! Charles!!! It's so nice to see you two" Sarah exclaims while pulling us into a giant hug. I literally love Sarah as if she was my own mother. She immediately rushes us into the kitchen to help her finish cooking. A few moments later, David walks downstairs.
"Ahhh, I see my lovely gay brother hasn't given up his little gay bOyFriEnd yet has he" David boomed loudly. "David you know I'm bi, and why the fuck would I give up Charlie" nick says calmly. "Well because he's small, nerdy weak and GAY!!" David yells back. "David, go back upstairs please" says Sarah, trying to diffuse the situation.

I know deep down that David is just trying to mess with us. But a part of me believes him even though I don't want too.

A couple minutes later my family shows up. It's a frenzy of greeting and hugs and before you know it, we're all sitting down at the dinner table. There's a lot of chatter going on, but David exclaims "so Nicky boy, when are you going to move on from ting Charlie here?". I can see Tori staring daggers at him. Nick grabs my hand and hold on firmly. "Actually David I don't plan to ever move on". "What a bunch of bs" David says crossing his arms. Tori looks ready to stab him with her fork. I let go of Nick's hand, excusing myself from the table and run to the washroom.

What if David's right? What if nick really doesn't love me. I mean how could he I'm broken in ever possible-

My thoughts are cut short by Nick opening the door. He didn't say a word, just walked over to me and gave me the biggest hug ever. "Nick, you're going to have to let go, I can barely breathe" I said mid giggle. "Charlie, everything David said was a lie. Every single last word." "I know nick don't worry" I said, but deep down, I wasn't sure that was true.

*TORIS POV*
"David, do you have to be such a douche bag?" I asked David very firmly after everyone left the table. "Hey I'm only speaking the truth bitch" he snapped back at me. That was basically my final straw. I stood up and slapped David straight across the face. "I swear on my life David, if you ever pull that shit again I will not only slap you, but I will murder you and watch you rot" I said very seriously. I heard a giggle come from the other room. Must have belonged to Oli I thought. I marched out of the room head up high, knowing David deserved everything I told him. He's always so mean to Nick, and all nick ever is back, is nice. I hate David's guts.

________
____________
I can't believe we're almost at 100 views! I started writing and didn't think anyone would read it LOLS