⇠𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾⇢

"Hi," Jonathan said with a small smile then he waved

"Hello," I said as I smiled. I have to pretend that I want to be on this date right now so I don't hurt his feelings.

I looked him over and he was wearing different clothes from earlier today. So he changed so this has to be a date. I can't believe I didn't realize earlier. I don't want to go on a date with him. I thought he liked my sister. I guess he doesn't. Why is he staring at me? Is he checking me out or something?

"Can I come in?" I asked.

"Oh yeah sorry," he stuttered and moved to the side. What was he thinking about?

I walked into his house and looked around the space. It looks different from the last time I was here. Well, when I was here there were Christmas lights everywhere and we all almost got eaten by a monster. I looked back at Jonathan and he was just standing awkwardly behind me. I looked in the living room and his mom, and a man who I'm assuming is her boyfriend, is sitting on the couch.

"Hello Mrs. Byers," I smiled.

"Hi Chris," she said happily. She looked at the man sitting next to her and whispered something before turning back to me.

"Chris, this is my boyfriend Bob," she said.

"Hi," he waved with a smile.

"Hi, nice to meet you," I waved.

"What's the bag for?" she asked.

"Oh I was thinking about staying the night," I explained. "As long as it's ok with you of course,"

"Yes, it's no problem," she smiled.

"Ok thank you," I said then turned to Jonathan. "So where can I put my bag?" I asked.

"Oh uh, in my room," he said. "I'll show you," he mumbled and started walking down the hallway.

I followed him into his room. There was a medium-sized bed with green covers and gray blankets. He had some posters hanging up and a rug that was behind the bed. The room was also a huge mess and near the dresser was a pile of clothes

"Sorry about the mess," he mumbled.

"It's ok, you should see my room," I smiled and put my bag down next to his bed.

This is so awkward and he looks like he's going to pass out at any moment. I hope I don't look that nervous.

"So uh what movie are we watching?" I asked.

"I don't know, my mom and bob usually pick," he said.

"Well as long as it's a horror movie I'm all good," I smiled.

"Bob doesn't really like horror," he said.

"Oh really? That sucks," I groaned and crossed my arms. "And Halloween is tomorrow, why can't we watch something scary?" I asked.