Chapter 16

"Jonathan, it's just a party

"Jonathan, it's just a party. It's not that big of a deal," I said as he parked the car in front of Tina's house. There are cars everywhere and the music is so loud I can hear it from out here.

"I don't want to party," he groaned as he took the keys out of the ignition.

"Come on! You'll have fun!" I smiled as I got out of the car. I closed the door and ran around to the other side. I opened Jonathan's door for him and grabbed his arm. "Let's go!" I said as I pulled him out of the car. I pushed the door closed with my leg then leaned into his arm so he couldn't run away.

"I can walk on my own. You don't have to cling to me," he mumbled as he tried to pull his arm free but he failed. When I have my grip on something I never let go.

"I'm making sure you don't run away!" I stated as we walked up to the open door.

"This doesn't help the rumors about us," he sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Fuck the rumors," I snapped as we walked into the house.

It was a sensory overload and I love it. The music is blaring, the lights are flashing, and it smells like alcohol, cigarettes, weed, and sex. There is toilet paper hanging from the ceiling and there are drinks everywhere. It's also loaded to the brim with people from all over. Some of these people don't even go to our school. I could feel Jonathan tense up. I patted his arm causing him to look down at me. He looks like a deer in headlights. It's kind of cute. I could see the nervousness and regret all over his face. He mumbled something to himself before looking back at the sea of people.

I pulled him to the kitchen where all the drinks are. I grabbed a bottle of beer and opened it with my teeth. Jonathan looked amazed at my secret skill. I smiled and winked, making him blush and look away. I took a sip of the beer before holding it up to his lips.

"Drink. You're too nervous," I said.

"I don't drink," he answered.

"Oh my god Jonathan. Just drink a little," I said. "It helps with the nerves," I added as I twirled the bottle around.

"Fine, just one sip,"

"There you go," I smiled as he took a small sip.

"Oh come on! A bigger one than that!" I shouted. He rolled his eyes and took one big gulp before handing it back to me. "See you're still alive," I teased.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," he said. I chugged the rest of the beer and then put the bottle down.

"Now we have to work on your costume!" I smiled as I dragged him out of the kitchen and into a hallway.

"I don't have a costume," he said.

"I know but you don't want people to know that!" I answered as I pushed him into Tina's bathroom.

"Hey!" He snapped as he almost fell into her bathtub.

I laughed as I locked the door behind us. I looked at him as he sat on the edge of the tub. I opened Tina's medicine cabinet and saw her makeup kit in there. I pulled it out and put it on the counter.