chapter 22- don't be heroes.

It's finally time to start our plan.. shit. Everyone is getting our weapons and getting ready to face vecna. Before we head out i decide to talk to Eddie.
"Eddie, can i talk to you before we go?"
"Yeah. Of course." He says with a little smile.
"I'm scared.."
"Darling, everything is going to be ok. I'm gonna be right there next to you and as long as we're together, i won't let anything happen to you." He says holding my hands, maintaining eye contact with a sad look.
"You're right. I'm sorry." I say as i feel a tear rolling down my cheeks.
Eddie wipes it away and gives me a reassuring hug.
"I think im in love with you, cutie."
"I love you too, y/n."
"Hey, lovebirds! C'mon!" Steve says as he holds the door open for us and we realize were the lasts one in the car.
We get out of the car and we go over the plan one last time. Then, we say our goodbyes.
"Hey, guys. -steve says to me Dustin and eddie.- just don't be heroes, okay?"
"That won't be a problem Harrington, i mean look at us. Were no heroes."
And just like that, we each head to our positions for stage one.
Me, Eddie and Dustin head through the gate in eddies motorhome where Chrissy died.
"Ok guys so now we go get the guitar and wait for them to tell us to go to spot two." I say.
"Yeah and then we make the most metal show EVER!" Eddie says genuinely exited Wich i think is adorable.
"Yeah! It's gonna be so metal!" Says dustin.
Now we wait.