FIVE: COBRA KAI

LORELAIS POV

WE CAUGHT ANOTHER CAB TO GET BACK TO THE APARTMENT COMPLEX.

When we reached the apartments and instead of walking over to our apartment door Dad walked towards Miguel who was putting trash in the bin. When we got to Miguel Dad motioned for me to stand next to Miguel.

"Are you sure your ready? Because once you go down this path there's no turning back."

"Your gonna be our karate teacher?" Miguel asks

"No. I'm gonna be your sensei." I smirked and got excited as did Miguel.

We went inside the house and Dad rushed over to the bin and poured out all the empty beer cans and the bits of paper on the ground. I watched him curiously. I picked up a ripped piece of paper and connected them.

"Stay here." He tells me while walking out the apartment door.

-
NO ONES POV
The next day Lorelai and Miguel were standing silently in the freshly painted dojo. Miguel was in a blue dodgers t-shirt, reddish brown shorts and socks. Lorelai was in t-shirt and bike shorts as well as socks.

The two stood in front of Johnny who wore a black gi and a black headband, and he was freshly shaved.

"So am I gonna get the karate pyjamas too ?" Lorelai hid her laughter as Miguel called a gi 'karate pyjamas'

"Quiet!" Johnny Boomed and Miguel straightened his back up.
"A student only speaks when spoken to is that understood?"

"Yes Sensei." Lorelai softly muttered
"Yes" Miguel says

'Ooo he is gonna get his ass beaten for not calling him sensei.' Lorelai thought

Johnny waits for Miguel to finish.
"Yes sir? Or-"

"You will always address me as Sensei. Is that understood?."

"Yes Sensei." Lorelai and Miguel spoke in sync

"These aren't pyjamas, this is a gi. And you'll get one when you've earned it." Johnny explained

"Alright are you two ready to begin your training?"

"Yeah, Sensei"

SKIP TIME BECAUSE IM A LAZY

-
DISCLAIMER: THIS CHAPTER GOES OFF OF SCRIPT!

SKIP TO WHEN THEIR AT SCHOOL (IN THE CAFETERIA)

NO ONES POV

-

"HOW HAVE YOU GUYS STILL NOT SEEN THE OUTSIDERS?" Lorelai asks with wide eyes

"It's just not our scene." Demitri responds with a shrug

"It's not your scene? Your joking right? A bunch of hot sweaty guys who stand out from the crowd isn't your scene? Maybe just maybe, if you watched the outsiders you 0% of attractiveness would go up... like a lot."

"Oh and your attractive?  And where's the proof for that?" Demitri responds unamused

"Well every single day at least three people come up to me and say 'Hey, why do you hang out with those ugly dorks you should hang out with the popular girls.' " Lorelai say's mockingly

"Is it cool if I sit here?" A nervous voice asks

"Sorry, our tables really blow-" Demitri starts

"Hes lying. Of course you can sit with us Miguel." Lorelai says excitedly

"Wait a second. How do you know his name? Are you replacing us?" Lorelai rolls her eyes at her raven haired friend.

"No, I am not replacing you. He moved into the apartment complex." Lorelai smiles while motioning Miguel to take a seat.
"Introduce yourselves, I'm not you mother."

"Demitri. And that's-" Demitri starts but is quickly cut off by his blonde friend

"Eli, he's a man of a few words." Lorelai finished while smiling at Eli which he returned.

Then Yasmine and Samantha walk by looking like they were in some sort of beauty advertisement. Miguel stares at them, well at Sam.

"Dude, don't torture yourself." Demitri starts

"Those are the rich girls" Lorelai finishes while stealing a grape off of Eli's tray.

"Do you ever talk to them or..." Miguel asks while still staring

"Oh yeah! All the time. We hang out after school, make out, give each other hand jobs.
Now Eli here is the homecoming king." Demitri jokes

"Gets laid more than anyone. Isn't that right, Eli?" Lorelai exclaimed
"Talk to them? You realise what table your sitting at, right Miguel? Since you've sat with us you've basically just signed away every opportunity of losing your virginity before college." Lorelai continued

"Oh shit, Yasmines looking at us." Lorelai sighs as Eli covers his scar.

"Don't worry about them Eli. Their just a bunch of fake barbies." Lorelai comforts

"But she's probably just making fun of me Lore."

"I don't think she's making fun of you." Miguel's attempts to comfort but what good does he know, this is his first day.
"I mean just because they're hot doesn't  mean they're mean right?"

"Yeah sure, well those hot  ones sure  are. Trust me. Their pretty faces are just there to distract you from their ugly hearts." Lorelai true fully explains

"But Eli so what if they're making fun of you. You don't need them. You always have me." Lorelai exclaims while slinging her arm around her short haired friend.

"I don't care if Yasmine is the meanest girl at school. I'd kill the three of you just to get her to spit in my face." Lorelai gags and groans at her raven haired  friend who is disgusting.

"Yeah well if you don't make a move, you'll never have a shot with her." Miguel said
Lorelai laughs at the latino knowing that that's not how it works here.

"That's true, but I'll also never suffer a humiliating rejection. " Lorelai nods in agreement.
"Im at peace with my depression. Last thing I need to be is suicidal"

Miguel then stands up dramatically, almost like he's in a movie. Lorelai was  ready for music to play.
"What are you doing. Estupido." Lorelai mutters while gritting her teeth

"Striking first."
"Please don't take my Dads advice" Lorelai pleaded but was ignored

"Oh shit. Hope we don't get hit with the shrapnel." Demitri stated

The three friends watch Miguel slowly walk up to the popular group of friends.
Sams eyes meet Miguel's and they smile at each other. The three friends look at eachother in shock. But of course to ruin the moment Brucks slams down into a seat and says 'what's up, ladies?' Yasmine scoffs at him.

"Oh god. I cant watch this." Lorelai states while standing up.

She quickly hugs Demitri from around the neck and does the same with eli. Lorelai turns around and sees Miguel storming back to the table. She runs over and hugs Miguel around the neck and then walks away again.

Miguel has a confused face as of watch she just did.

"It's this thing she likes do to. She's always done it, since pre-school." Demitri explains.