SIX: CYBER BULLYING

NO ONES POV

THE NEXT KARATE LESSON, LORELAI AND MIGUEL WERE PUNCHING SOME DUMMYS.

"Hey, you two don't happen to have any friends who wanna learn karate, do you?" Johnny asks while looking at the past due rent bills
"Aw, what am I saying. You guys don't have any friends. Sorry."

Miguel stops punching his dummy so Lorelai also stops.

"Hey sensei, When are we gonna do some kicking?"Miguel asks
"I saw this YouTube video of a guy breaking boards, and it looked badass."

"Yeah,no shit. Kicking is badass. But you're not ready, Lorelai may be but you are not."

"What's the difference between Lorelai and me?" Miguel questions
"Because I've been doing karate since I was really little, you haven't." Lorelai explains and Miguel responds with a slight 'oh'

" Besides if I don't get more students in here, I won't be able to teach either of you anything."

"You've thought about advertising, right?" Lorelai asks while sitting on the floor and stretching.

"Yeah duh.of course " Her father responds in a higher voice, which he does when he's lying so Lorelai knew that he was lying to her.

SKIP TIME TO THE CAFETERIA

"Cyber bullying is no laughing matter." The counselor started. Most students didn't pay attention to her most of them were on their phones or zoning out.
"Sending a cruel message to someone online can be just as hurtful as saying it to their face. Now I'm not gonna name names, but the other day a mother called me up because her son was crying after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity."

"Who else at this school has a facial deformity, honestly she might as well have just said his name" Lorelai whispered among her three male friends.

Lorelai then could here kids saying stuff like 'it's the kid with the weird lip' and 'it's the kid right there.' Lorelai shot her head around and flipped them the bird, being cautious not to be caught by the counselor.

"But today, our goal here is to make this school a safe space for all students." The counselor went on but instead of Lorelai listening to her she listened in on the conversation in her friend group.

"You know if you're sick of getting bullied, my karate dojos looking for recruits." Lorelai thought that it was dumb of Miguel to ask Eli, because Demitri is going to make a comment.

"Yeah, right. You hear that, Eli? A little karate training, and your gonna kick some major ass." Demitri commented
"Im serious, Demitri. Our sensei's the real deal. I'm sure I could get you both discounts" Miguel whispered

"To be fair he is my Dad." Lorelai threw in.

"To be fair Lorelai, I think we'd rather spend our afternoons playing Crucible Control than getting hit in the face." Demitri commented again.

Then the counselor started to talk about how our costumes are culturally sensitive and Lorelai knew how this conversation went so she excused herself to the bathroom.

AUTHORS NOTE: this is so short but I literally have the biggest headache so I can't deal with writing rn anyways thanks for supporting my book.