TEN: HAWK

"OK, EVERYBODY. FALL IN." JOHNNY SHOUTED TO THE ROOM FULL OF TEENAGERS

Lorelai, Aisha and Miguel all stood in white gi's at the front of the students while everyone else wore plain clothing.
Miguel and Lorelai talked about where she was, she told she went to visit her brother which wasn't exactly a lie.

"Where is everyone?" Johnny asks
"Crater face? Nose ring? Slingshot?"
"They quit, Sensei." Miguel responds
"Are you serious? I mean, good."

"That was a test. I wanted to see who the quitters are. Not you guys. Your in it to win it, right? You could be at home playing your iComputers, playing your video games, eating candy. Instead , you're here , doing push-ups, learning how to fight."

"Lip. Look. Even Lip's tougher than those guys." Johnnys shouts while pointing at Eli. Lorelai sends a look towards her fathers way but he didn't see it.
"He's no quitter."

"Could you please not call me that?" Eli muttered
"Excuse me, what?"
"I said, could you please not call me that?" Eli repeated but just a bit louder.

"Um, I'll warm 'em up, Sensei." Miguel starts attempting to stop this.
"No, Lip has something he wants to say." Johnny exclaims
"Dad-"
"Sorry, speak up, Lip. Or is your tongue messed up too?"
"Dad, stop it!" Lorelai protests
"Are you one of those challenged kids?" Johnny asks quietly

"Um, the doctor said I could be on the spectrum." Eli mutters with his usual quiet voice.
"I don't know what that is, but get off it pronto. All right? If you don't want me to call you 'Lip' don't have a weird lip. Cant you get surgery." Lorelai stood there closer to Eli then anybody else was.
"I was born with a cleft lip. This is the scar from the surgery" Eli explains

"You mean it was worse before that? Or did the doctor just screw it up? Because if this is the after photo, that sucks, man. You should sue."
"Can we just please change the topic?" Eli pleads with tears daring to spill out of his eyes
"Yeah please?" Lorelai says while supporting her friend
"You don't think I want to? It's tough when it's right in front of me. You wanna be something other than a nerd with a scar on his lip, then you gotta flip the script. Ok? Get a face tattoo or gouge your eye out. We'll call you 'Patch,' all right? No, don't do that one. You'll still look like a freak." Eli then storms off and Lorelai attempts to follow but is quickly stopped by Miguel.

"Oh, great, really? Another quitter?"

SKIP TO WHEN LORELAI AND JOHNNY GET HOME
"Hey Dad, Im gonna head over to the Diaz's and give Carmen this sweatshirt. I might stay and hang out with Miguel as-well"
"All good kid. Just be safe and if your gonna go out send me a message."
"Yeah, of course." Lorelai pulls her dad in for a hug and he hugged her back. Which is something he hadn't done for a while. Lorelai smiled to herself and waved goodbye. She walked out of her apartment and walked to the door opposite hers.

Lorelai was unable to have dinner at theirs so she just took one of her Dads beers and went to bed.

THE NEXT DAY AT KARATE.
Everyone stood on the mat. Once again Lorelai, Aisha and Miguel were standing at the front with white gi's. Lorelai had her black belt tied around a small waist while Miguel and Aisha had white ones. Eli was no where to be seen.

"Three more absences Sensei." Miguel stated
"Bunch of Pussies." Aisha exclaimed while Lorelai nodded.
"No, it's my fault." Johnny admitted

"Since you joined Cobra Kai, I have been hard on you. I've called you names. I've humiliated you. Some of you I've hit. And for that, I don't apologise." Johnny continued
"Cobra Kai is about strength. If you're not strong on the inside, you can't be strong on the outside. And right now, you're all weak. And I know that because I was you. I used to have no friends. Used to be the weirdo kid. Not that weird. I still hooked up with babes and all, but... The point is, I wasn't always the badass Sensei I am today. Just like a Cobra, I had to shed my loser skin to find my true power. And you guys will too." Suddenly the shop bell jangles.

Then in came Eli. But it wasn't the Eli Lorelai knew. He had a blue Mohawk. Lorelai jaw was practically on the ground.
"Welcome to Cobra Kai." Johnny states
"Eli, what happened?" Miguel asks just as shocked as Lorelai.
"I'm flipping the script." He spoke loudly and confidently

"Wait. Are you the kid with the lip? Nice cut, bro" Johnny asks shocked
"You see that? Doesn't matter if you're a loser or a nerd or a freak. All that matters is that you become badass. Hawk." Johnny explains loudly
"Fall in."

As Eli or should I say 'Hawk' falls in Lorelai looks over at him and looks at him up and down to show him that she's shocked which he just smirked at.

"Fear does not exist in this dojo, does it?"
"No, Sensei."
"Pain does not exist in this dojo, does it?"
"No, Sensei."
"Defeat does not exist in this dojo, does it?"
"No, Sensei."

"Class, are you ready to learn the way of the fist?"
"Yes, Sensei!"