Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Miley

Miley opened her eyes to see herself in a dark room with a metallic and somewhat burnt smell. A smell that confused her, but felt familiar at the same time.

She got up and looked around, confused, before seeing a large glass tube. It went from the floor to the ceiling, with some sort of purple glowing metal at the base. But something else caught her attention.

Something was in the tube.

She walked over to the tube and began hearing what sounded like crying, prompting her to look closer. When she got there, she gasped at the sight.

A smaller girl was tucked into a ball in the corner, shaking as she sobbed. Purple glowing shackles the same color as the base of the tube were clamped around her ankles and wrists. Her shirt was torn in spots, revealing scars, welts, and bloody cuts along her back, legs, and arms. Miley looked over the girl's shoulder, and saw a pair of earrings in her bloody palms, with red staining the silver design on them. The girl appeared to be staring at them as she cried.

"Hey, how are you?" she gently asked the girl, placing her hand as the base of the purple metal, before a draining feeling accompanied by a steady pain started in her hand, and began leeching up her arm. She quickly took her hand away, and the normal feeling of her arms began slowly returning.

The girl cleared her long brown hair from her face, looked up at her, and scrambled back, breathing hard and fast, looking Miley up and down.

"Hey, calm down. I'm not here to hurt you," Miley said in the same tone.

The girl didn't respond, still staring directly at her.

"What do you have there?" she asked.

The girl still didn't answer, but looked to her left.

"What's over-," Miley started, before seeing what awaited her.

A motionless little boy was sprawled out on the ground, with his shirt covered in blood, and a golf ball sized hole through the right side of his back. A blood puddle was leaking out from below him, spreading along the concrete floor.

Miley couldn't speak. She was too shocked at the sight to say anything.

The girl's fright turned into anger as she stood up shakily.

"Why couldn't you save him," she growled at Miley, who looked up.

"What?"

"You know what I'm talking about," the girl said, looking past Miley.

Miley looked at the girl, then back at the body.

"I-" Miley started, before hearing a long bang from her left.

"WHY COULDN'T YOU SAVE HIM?! YOU COWARD!" the girl screamed at her, punching at the glass as hard as she could. Miley could see her irises flicker red for a split second before going back to brown. It didn't look like the girl's powers were working, but that didn't matter as the girl punched at the thick glass again and again.

"COWARD! COWARD!" the girl screamed again as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry," Miley whispered, as she heard the girl's visceral shrieking as her knuckles began bleeding, staining the glass with bloody punch marks.

She heard a loud buzz, before two heavy doors on the opposite side of the room opened. Multiple StrikeForce soldiers walked in and stood in two groups, making way for someone.

In the corner of her eye, Miley saw the girl freeze where she was as her eyes grew wide.

"Well, I guess our little captive threw a tantrum," a familiar voice said.