Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Back in New York City, a line of black vans and trucks began surrounding the large Ultainum building. They began stopping, blocking every entrance and exit.

A large black and purple airship followed them, hovering in front of the building, humming as the glowing blue rings on its underbelly pulsed.

On the nose of the ship, the StrikeForce emblem sat for everyone inside to see.

"Sir?" the pilot said, looking back at Donovan, who was looking ahead intently, stroking his stubble, "We're here."

"Thank you," Donovan said, walking over to the front. He tapped the touch screen panel near the dash to turn on the intercom.

"You all have your orders. Secure each floor and keep the hostages in check. Gather as much superslanium and information on superslanics as you can. Am I understood?" he ordered.

"Yes, sir," his soldiers responded in unison.

"Good, now go. Burn their history to the ground," Donovan said, smiling evilly.

"And now, we wait," he thought.

***

"EVERYONE ON THE GROUND NOW!" a StrikeForce lieutenant yelled, firing a burst of bullets up into the air from his rifle.

Everyone on that level hit the ground, screaming and whimpering.

"My group, stay here! Group Delta, upstairs! Group Beta, downstairs! The rest of you follow Group Delta. Lock down this building!" the lieutenant barked, pointing upstairs.

He then turned to the hostages on the ground.

"Don't be a hero, alright? We're not here to hurt you, we're just here for some superslanium and some information. No one tries, no one dies," he said as his team walked around, watching each of them.

"How is getting that info going?" he asked Group Delta's leader through his radio.

"We're working on it, but the computer won't let us in. Try getting someone that knows how to log in," Delta's leader said.

"Roger," the lieutenant said, looking around.

"Who has the credentials for the computers upstairs?" he asked the hostages.

No one spoke or raised their hands.

The lieutenant sighed in annoyance, before firing another burst of bullets into the air, hitting the glass ceiling above and sending shards raining down. Some of the hostages yelled or screamed at the sound of the shots.

"Let's try this again. Who has the credentials for the computers upstairs?" he shouted, obviously losing patience.

One person meekly raised their hand. The lieutenant saw and pointed their rifle at them.

"You. Up," he said, pushing the employee toward the large flights of stairs. The employee obeyed, keeping his hands up all the way there as the lieutenant kept his rifle aimed at his back.

They went up about nine stories before getting to the level Delta's leader was on, walking down the hall that was filled with soldiers and into the computer lab.

"There's your credentials," the lieutenant said, shoving the employee into the room.

"Thanks," Delta's leader thanked him, before looking at the employee.

"Well? Don't got all day," he said impatiently.

The employee sat down, shaking nervously as he typed. They saw the screen unlock before displaying the home page.