Chapter Twenty Four

Past

"Do you think I ever fancied you? Do you think you were ever good enough for me?"

His questions were like a drill in my brain. I was barely conscious, and his voice sounded like it was coming from a broken radio. I kept counting the seconds in my head, imagining Oliver could still come and rescue me from the nightmare.

I was certain Christian had broken one of my ribs. I wasn't sure anymore how many times he hit me. He was pouring his rage out on me because he couldn't bear the fact that I would have chosen Oliver over him.

I opened my eyes, trying to move my wrists. Cold metal from the handcuffs dug deep into my skin. I couldn't scream anymore, and the music from the party was even louder than before. Christian had thought about everything.

Later on, my last spark of hope had disappeared. No one was going to come to my rescue. Oliver had abandoned me; otherwise, he would have been there already.

Christian threw away the stick he used on me and approached my bed. My breaths were shallow. I wanted to spit into his face just so I didn't have to look at him anymore.

"Now, I think I'm bored of these games. It's time to show you what you've been missing out on."

Christian knew how to ignite the fear in my veins. All the warmth and affection we'd shared was stripped away. He'd become a predator and he was feeding himself with vengeance. I just had to wait for this to end.

He leaned over and nibbled my ear.

"Please, baby, let me go. I won't tell anyone. Please," I begged, shaking with fear because I wasn't sure what he was planning to do with me next.

He laughed. "I know you won't, India. You're too much of a coward. I've got huge plans for both of us, but now it's time for me to claim what's mine."

I didn't get what else he wanted to prove. He'd punished me enough already. His closeness sickened me.

I opened my eyes slightly as he circled around the huge bed. It was enough to see that haunted expression on his face.

"Christian, ple—"

"Shut up, you stupid bitch! You're distracting me!" he roared and ran his hands through his hair before jumping on top of me. His eyes shimmered with challenge and joy. The pain blinded me, but I still felt his touch on my thighs. Before I could realise what he was planning, he started fighting with my trousers.

I tried to shake him off, screaming with rage. Realisation hit me like a high-speed car along the motorway, and I fought with his grip because even the idea of this was making me nauseous.

"You know you want this, bitch. I'm going to fuck you hard so you won't forget who you belonged to."

Fear and dread seized deep inside my chest when he ripped off my panties and unzipped his trousers. I'd never slept with anyone. I always imagined my first time to be special, incredibly romantic, and slow, but I never thought I would be hurting so much.

Christian was way too strong to even try to fight him. I screamed at the top of my lungs, knowing I couldn't let him do this to me. He kept laughing, slapping me harder, and before I could even prepare myself, he thrust himself inside of me.

I cried out, feeling like someone stuck a razor between my legs. Christian wasn't going easy on me. He must have thought I lied, and I wasn't a virgin. He kept pushing himself into me harder, hurting me more than I could ever take. My ears were ringing. His dirty mouth was on my breasts and his tongue swirled around my body. I had no idea how long he was inside me. I remembered losing consciousness a few times, but every time I opened my eyes, I could see his face. He was in bliss.