Chapter 28

December 24th...

Today is Christmas Eve and I am so excited! We are having the gang over including all the girlfriends for a Christmas dinner. A lot has happened since September. James and I are still together. Its not a fairytale relationship but its not horrible. Shoot, we fight a lot and he comes home drunk most of the time but I still stayed around. But there's one thing for sure... I'm not in love with James. Sure, I really like him but I don't love him.

Dallas broke up with his skank of a girlfriend, Sylvia and tried crawling back to me. Of course, we got into another big fight and no longer are friends. Just as we became friends again he had to do something stupid to ruin it. Liz is currently going out with James' best friend, Luke who we saw at the movie theater. My mom is the exact same. She still hasn't asked me to move back with her, even though she will probably never. My brother is still dating Chrissy and they are both coming over for dinner tonight, as well. Tammy and I became closer than I thought. We usually hang out everyday either during or after school. My life has been real rough these past months, but thats just a part of life, right?

I stepped out of the shower and put on my cute Christmas outfit today. It was a usual Christmas sweater with a big reindeer on it and it was a deep red colour. I slipped on black skinny jeans and threw my hair into a ponytail. 

I walked downstairs to see James sitting at the kitchen table chatting with Darry over a cup of coffee. "Hey babe what are doing here?" I asked leaning in and kissing his soft lips. "I needed a place to crash last night" he shrugged taking a sip of his drink. "Merry Christmas" he said smiling and pulling me onto his lap. I giggled and replied "Merry Christmas" while pecking his cheek. Darry chuckled and walked out of the kitchen.

"Hey help me set up the tree?" I asked standing up and walking to the living room. "Sure thing babe" he replied slapping my butt playfully. Once we were done, we plopped onto the couch. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I rested my head on his chest. After sitting a while in comfortable silience, James broke it. "I love you Erika" It took me by suprise, I never expected him to say that. I didn't know how to reply because I don't love him back, but I don't want to lie to him. So I nervously smiled and pecked his lips.

Later that night after dinner we sat around the Christmas tree opening gifts. I got tons of them and there was one person left to give my theirs; Dallas. I looked at him waiting for him to hand me my gift.            As he just stared back at me a raised my eyebrows and said "Where's my gift?" He looked at himself up and down and said "I'm your gift" while smirking. James let out a huge sigh and rolled his eyes. 

I told him eveything that happened between me and Dally. He knows now that I don't feel the same towards Dally as Dally feels towards me. "Whatever" I scoffed rolling my eyes. "Hey look can I talk to you?" he whispered in my ear. I looked at him questionably but then he took me outside into the fresh snow.

"Listen, I don't want to hear the shit you have to say" I growled crossing my arms over my chest. "I have no shit to say" he shot back. I got irritated with him and was about to walk away but then he stopped me. "Just listen to me" he demanded. "I want to start off by saying sorry for everything! I was so wrong and I'm the one to blame about all this shit! I love you so much Erika and I want you back. I broke up with Sylvia just so that we can be together again. I love you so much and I can't and won't live without you. Please... I begging you Erika be my girlfriend" he said kneeling infront of me.

*****

A/N: OMG!! wasn't that just sooo sweet<3 What do you think Erika will say???