6. Deranged

کبھی کبھی دل کے سکون کے لیے

رونا ضروری ہو جاتا ہے۔

***

Sometimes for peace of mind,

Crying becomes necessary.

***

Hamza stepped inside the haveli (mansion) and Akram was right there waiting for him.

"I told you to stay with Hafsa," Hamza gritted out. He had showered, bandaged his wound, and changed his clothes in his private penthouse where he would go often when he was not in the state to come straight to the haveli.

"She's with Ma'am Batool." Akram said and Hamza sighed.

"How's ami? (Mom)." He asked.

"She woke up in the afternoon, we gave her fresh fruits which she rejected, she didn't drink her soup, and also she didn't take her medicines," Akram informed and Hamza rubbed his face with a sigh.

"Bring something to eat in Ami's (mom's) room." He said and Akram nodded scurrying to the kitchen. Hamza walked toward his mom's room. Knocking once he opened the door. The sight in front of him made his heart wrench.

Batool was sitting on the edge of the bed crying and Hafsa was sitting on the floor with her head resting on Ami's (mom's) lap as she sobbed like a broken soul.

"Hamza, come here," Batool called her son who instantly ambled to his mom and sat down on the floor with Hafsa.

Batool cupped his cheek and jutted her chin towards Hafsa. Hamza stood up and he grabbed Hafsa's hand making her sit on the bed as well and he sat beside her.

"H...Hamza, I'm a widow now," she cried, inconsolably. Batool's and Hamza's hearts broke seeing Hafsa like this. Though Hamza knew what type of man Zeeshan was, even Batool knew that Zeeshan wasn't a good man yet she married her daughter off to that man because Hafsa loved him.

"W...why did he leave me, Hamza?" Hafsa sobbed.

Hamza grabbed her hands, squeezing them lightly. "Stay strong Hafsa." The door was knocked and he ordered the person to come in.

A servant came in holding a tray of food. Hamza flicked his head towards the coffee table. The servant left the room.

"All we can do now is pray for the ease of his soul," Hamza said calmly and Hafsa's eyes flashed with a certain emotion.

"My husband didn't die an accidental death. He was murdered. Do you understand what this means? His soul won't be at rest until his killers die a brutal death," Hafsa spat venomously, she looked distraught. Not in her normal senses. Hamza's jaw clenched as he nodded his head.

"They will die a brutal death, you have my words. I'm already looking for them." Hamza said calmly and his words alone brought a small amount of relief to Hafsa whereas Batool frowned at her son.

Tears brimmed her eyes again and his heart twisted in his chest as he gently wiped her tears.

Hamza grabbed a plate of rice and urged her to eat but she just shook her head. Batool watched the siblings with a heavy heart. At this age getting such devastating news was never good but this was God's will and she can do nothing against it. All Batool could do was pray for a better happy future for her daughter.

Hafsa barely ate a few spoons full before she moved back and balled up on the bed.

Batool stared at her daughter who had her back to them. "Ami, (mother)" Batool's eyes fell on the small morsel and then at her son.