You still owe me a drink

Before we continue just a little TW, there will be mention of death and suicide so please read at your own risk. I'll put up another warning before that part happens so you can skip it. Also some parts were taken from a scene in 9-1-1 which is one of my favorite shows.

Few days have passed, Buck is pulling her shit together pretty well even when on duty. While Hailee has been up since 4 am to prepare for interviews and a busy day. She's gonna be busy for a couple of weeks and she haven't told Robin yet. Yes they've been texting back and forth, Buckley telling Lee some dad jokes and Hailee trying to do the same which ends up with them laughing more.

Hailee decided to facetime Buck hoping they're not responding on a call.

"Talk to me." Buckley says all smiley.

"Hello! Oh gosh what happened to your face? Is that a bruise?" Hailee asked which made Buck froze a little bit.

"Oh this? It's nothing just uhm I bump into a pole while at work. Sooo what's up? Why'd you call?" She asked.

"Well I just wanna tell you that I'll be busy for a couple of weeks, so our planned hangout will be on hold for a bit." Hailee shrugged and gave apologetic look towards Buck.

"Oh that's alright Lee, we can reschedule for sure and one of the guys just had a baby so I'll be covering shifts but, Bobby says I could take a 3 days off whenever I want I just have to ask his approval for it." Buckley says all smiley.

"Hey lover girl! Probie brought coffee! Come grab yours before Henry get yours." One of Buckley's workmate shouted.

"Alright! I'm coming!"

"That's what she said." Hailee interrupts earning a chuckle from Buck.

"Oh shush Lee. Alright, text you later when we're not on the field responding to an emergency?" Buckley replied all smiley. Both of them bid their goodbyes and proceed with their day.

———————————————————————

"Buck we came in the wrong angle here, we're gonna have to drive the truck on the other side, but you can climb up there and harness the hanging guy while we move the truck. Think you can do it?" Bobby asked Buckley. They're responding to a call where the rollercoaster had an unexpected failure which launched a passenger off resulting to death and one still hanging off the rollercoaster cart.

"Hell yeah, daredevil hero stuff is what I signed up for Bobby." Buck answered.

"Good." Bobby answered.

"Help! Please help!" One of the passengers shouted.

"Alright everybody try to stay calm, I'll get you down I promise." Buck said while she gets lifted by the top ladder and she started to run towards the track.

"I need you all to breathe, relax, I need you to keep it still okay?" She added.

As she approaches the hanging passenger, she asked for their name. And the passenger told her that it's Devon. She told Devon to keep holding on a little longer while she walks double time while being careful still. Bobby and the rest of the 133 moved the truck on the other side.

"How's my friend? Where is he?" Devon asked.

"Uh Bobby he's asking about his friend" Buck radioed to the team.

(TW: You can skip this part as what I said on the warning at the start of the chapter. I'll put another one by the end of this part so you know where to start again)

"Hold on. Henry how's the friend doing?" Bobby asked the paramedics team.

"He's gone." Charlie told Henry, in which Henry relayed the info to Bobby through the radio.