Wonderstruck

A/N: Okay for this one I'll go first person hope it works!

Buck's POV:

I am stuck, well okay not stuck but I'm on Chris duty. Helen, the one who helps Evie with Chris is currently out of town so here he is with me. I started to set up my things, and tested my guitar and my loop pedal playing some tunes, Chris is sitting beside me trying to fix his crutches. After I'm all set up I started to play some songs, busking has been my way to earn extra money to give to the nursing home for help. I mean I earn a pretty decent money being a firefighter but me being an over achiever as my nana used to say, I play here at the pier during my day off.

"Hello everyone! Been a while since I've played here, my name is Robin Buckley. You can call me Buck for short." I say on the mic and a small crowd is starting to form. After a couple of songs, I decided to take a short water break, Chris gave me my tumbler thanking him afterwards. I look around my surroundings hoping to find a certain someone in the crowd and when I finally see them, I can't help but smile giving a wave towards the person and them waving back. She started to walk towards my direction hoping no one could notice her identity since she's wearing sunglasses and a hat. What in the marvel disguise is this?

"Hey you came." I whispered softly.

"That's what she sa-" Before Hailee can finish her sentence I shushed her and look towards Chris.

"Hun, language. There's a kid here." I chuckle.

"You didn't tell me you have a son?" Hailee replied which made my jaw dropped. Thoughts filled my mind then it hit me, maybe she saw that one photo of Chris and I, is she thinking what I think she is thinking? Before I can even tell her that Chris is not my kid, she goes back to her place so I decided to  announce that requests are open and explained how they can request a song. A guy was the first to request a song, he then asked to dedicate the song to the girl she's with and I give him a nod.

"Alright, this kind young man requested a song I barely sing but I know how to play. He asked me to say that this song is dedicated to the girl he came with, so Ms. Haylee Morris this is for you I hope you like it." I gazed upon Hailee and see that she's smiling. I decided to use my keyboard on this one since the version of the song is a response from the original, I played with some notes to register it to my loop pedal and once I started to play the intro some people recognized it and is in awe or already clapping.

(play the song now)

There I was again tonight forcing laughter, faking smilesSame old tired, lonely placeWalls of insincerity
Shifting eyes and vacancy vanished when I saw your face
All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you
Your eyes whispered "have we met?"
Across the room your silhouette starts to make it's way to me
The playful conversation starts
Counter all your quick remarks like passing notes in secrecy
All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you
Oh, Haylee, I was so enchanted to meet you too

I decided to change the name to the girl's name instead of Taylor and I can see the guy is all smiley while the girl is blushing but what caught my attention is Hailee smiling on the side as well. And at that moment I'm wonderstruck, if this can be a way to hint that I like her then so be it.

This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you too

I look around to glance at Hailee while I play the interlude.

The lingering question kept me up
2 AM, who do you love?
I wondered till I'm wide awake
Now I'm pacing back and forth, wishing you were at my door
I'd open up and you would say
It was enchanting to meet you
Oh, Haylee, I was so enchanted to meet you too