Nana

Hailee's POV:

Buck has been in so much pain for the past days, even if she doesn't show it or say anything about it I know she's not okay. Today is Nana's funeral, Evie and I have been helping Buck with the arrangements for it. Buck decided not to invite too many people, only those who are really close to her and to her Nana. I didn't want to ask if any of her relatives are gonna attend as I know this is such a sensitive topic and if I opened it up I'm gonna end up walking on thin ice.

As I enter the room, I see Buck standing in front of the mirror all spaced out with tears forming from her eyes

I know she's having a hard time with it but she's really proud of her grandma, the way she carried herself and everything she accomplished. I have to do this for Buck, I have to comfort her, I have to be strong for her. "Buck, it's okay, it's gonna be alright."

"I know it's gonna be fine, but right now I'm just really sad and I can't see any of the happy happy memories I had with Nana."

"And I want to remember her like she was before all this..." Buck says so softly and sadly as she tries to wipe the tears that still pour from her eyes.

"Buck honey, I'm gonna help you take care of yourself now and I'll always be here for you." I say as I fix the collar of her suit. "Just think of nana as your guardian angel from now on, she'll watch over you just as I'm gonna do but from heaven" She turns around and hug me.

"I love you Hailee, you know that right?" she whispers.

"I know that my love and I love you too." I kissed her forehead.

When we arrive to the funeral home, we see some familiar faces. We were approached by Bobby, Athena, and some of the guys from 133, there's also some of the staff and some residents from the nursing home. They were giving Buck comforting hugs and words.

It's now time for Buck to give a eulogy for Nana. Before she stand up, I squeezed her hand twice for reassurance and whisper the words "You got this."

Buck's POV:

As I approach the podium, I can't help but feel a lump forming in my throat. I still can't believe that she's gone. The only person who cared for me besides my grandfather, but I know she's with grandpa now.

I took a deep breath before looking around, seeing the people who loves her and of course none from my family came even if I sent them messages and emails. I opened my notes containing the things I'm gonna talk about for her Eulogy.

"I honestly don't know how or where to start when giving a Eulogy, but all I know is that we get to talk about the things a person did when they were still alive so that's what I'm gonna do. Talk about how my Nana lived her life. " I looked around before I continue.

"My Nana was a beautiful person inside and out, every person around her loved her and she didn't have a single enemy. People who never liked her simply because she had the kindest heart, said the same about her. I once heard someone say, that as a woman and a mother, she is the best in the world. How incredible is that? My Nana was a wonderful wife, a loving mother, a caring grandmother and great grandmother. She was a friend, a mentor, a nurse, a nurse trainer, a lover of music and many more but never was she boastful about her titles, she never wanted anybody to feel like she was better than them because she truly loved everyone and never wanted anyone to feel sorry for her. She taught us to always be kind to everyone we come across and if we are ever in a different place, ask them about where they're from, make friends, be understandable and so many things. She raised me up alongside my grandfather and without them I won't be where I am in life." By this point I can feel tears forming.

"One of my favorite memories with her was when she taught me how to make her famous lasagna." I let out a small chuckle. "I overcooked it on my first try and the pasta for it was rock solid and crunchy that when you bite it, it's like you're eating chips." Everyone around me let out chuckles and laughs. "I was crying after that, but she comforted me and gave me a pep talk about failures. And I always carry that with me alongside all of her life lessons and morals. She always say that without failure, you can never call it an achievement." I looked at my Nana's coffin and let my tears flow.

"I'm gonna miss you Nana, I know you're probably up there with grandpa laughing or probably in a boat and just go fishing just like you guys always do. I love you Nana, we all love you."

It's been two months since we laid Nana to rest, I never take a week off from work after that. I can't, with Hailee gone for filming I know I would just end up in an all familiar place I've been a long time ago. I was just minding my own business when a pint of ice cream landed on my lap.

"Evie.. I told you I'm okay.." I was expecting Evie to be there but when I turn around, it was Hailee. "Lee?" I dropped the ice cream and run towards my girlfriend and pulled her for a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I've missed you baby plus I promised you that I'll be here with you to support you when Nana's attorney reads her will." She says. Shit I forgot about that.

"You forgot about it didn't you?" She asks.

"Nana's gonna be disappointed.." I reply trying not to cry but it was too late. Hailee cups my face and gave me a kiss.

"Hey hey. Stop. Nana's not gonna be disappointed, I know you're hurting and she knows this too. And this is just your mind trying to cope so don't think that she'll be mad or disappointed okay? She loves you. I love you." I just hum in response. "Now let's go eat ice cream and then we meet with Nana's attorney. I already talked to Bobby about your schedule and he agreed that family comes first."

A/N: Sad chapter.. We will miss Nana, but here's what might be in store for the next chapters. It's gonna be a hell of a rollercoaster ride so buckle up!! Also did you like this chapter? Claim your tissues here.