Part 2

.

.

.

CHAPTER 2-The Weirdo on Maple Street

The strange girl in the Benny's t-shirt sat on the couch breathing heavily.

"Is there a number we can call?" asked Mike. The girl turned to face him. "For your parents?"

"Your hair..." spoke Dustin, then a sudden realisation crossed his face as he gasped. "Do you have cancer?"

"Did you run away?" said Lucas, asking the more obvious question.

"Are you in some kind of trouble?" asked Mike.

Lucas raised his hand. "Is that blood--"

Mike swatted his hand away. "Stop it! You're freaking her out!"

"She's freaking me out!"

"I bet she's deaf!" said Dustin abruptly. He clapped his hands loudly in front of her to wich she reacted.

Dustin shrugged. "Nope, not deaf."

"Alright that's enough alright?" said Mike. "She's just scared and cold."

He then left the three and walked over to the clothes pile to find some fresh clean clothes for her.

The girl flinched when the lightning struck.

Mike walked back over.

"These are clean, okay?" he said, handing the clothes over to her.

The girl slowly grabbed them and dabbed her face with them. She then stood up and removed the jacket they had given her. 

"No, no, no, no, no!" Mike said as she was about to remove her t-shirt when Mike stopped her, Dustin and Lucas looking away. "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!"

(a/n-bless their young souls🙏)

"See, over there," Mike pointed towards his basement bathroom. "T-that's the bathroom. Privacy, get it?"

The girl looked at Mike for a second, and Mike looked back. Then she picked up her clothes and carried them to the bathroom.

She stepped inside, looking around, and as Mike was about to close the door, her hand abruptly stopped him.

Mike looked at her confused. "You don't want it closed?"

The girl paused. "No," she said, oh ever so quietly.

"Oh, so you can speak," Mike said. "Okay, well, um, how about we just keep the door..."