Part 12

.

.

.

It was all very strange to Nezuko. 

She walked quietly along the streets, careful to be wary of her surroundings. People side-glanced her as she passed, obviously not used to seeing a tiny child wholly covered in large, baggy clothes walking around by themselves on the sidewalks, but Nezuko paid them no mind. She was set focused on finding her brother, even if she would have to go back to a world filled with man-eating demons like herself.

It was still strange though, because no matter how much Nezuko tried, she couldn't remember how she got here.

She remembered the fall, how her body had tumbled around inside her wooden box as gravity pulled her down to crash onto the new land, but she doesn't remember how she ended up in that situation, or any events leading up to that situation. Was it a demon? Did they send her here?

It vexed her tiny brain greatly, causing her to have dotted eyes as she stopped thinking.

She shook her head dramatically with knitted eyebrows, passersby glancing worriedly at her as she stumbled on her steps. She had to stay focused! Tanjiro was probably incredibly worried for her, she can't make him worry for much longer!

Feeling the need to replenish her energy, she stepped back into the shadows that an overhanging sign provided her and peeped her bright pink eyes through the hoodie gap, glancing around to get a better view of her surroundings. It seemed she was on some sort of street? Except there weren't as many buildings and no houses were stacked onto each other like a tower. Not many people either, which was odd for her, but the strangest thing was the clothes.