Part 3

.

.

.

Dustin rode around the streets of Hawkins under the pouring rain after leaving Mike's house. The small child sat in front of him since she was small enough to just sit on his lap while he directed.

Nezuko looked around in awe at all the houses they passed. She had never seen a house built like this before.

"Welcome to my humble abode," announced Dustin, as they rode up onto his driveway. "Wish you were here in better circumstances."

The child hopped off his lap as Dustin parked his bike under the overhang outside his garage.

"Okay, now is it okay if you wait here for a bit? I just have to see if my mum is in bed yet or not before I let you in."

She blinked up at him, having no reaction to anything he said.

Dustin facepalmed. "That's right, I completely forgot you're a child, okay just," Dustin started walking away while he pointed at her like she was a dog. "Don't go anywhere. You got that? Stay."

As quietly as he could, he turned the door handle of his back door and tiptoed inside. He slowly walked passed the small kitchen, through the living room and into the hallway, being hyper-aware of the creaking floorboards--

"Dusty?"

Dustin froze, shutting his eyes and sighing knowing he had lost. He slowly turned around looking guilty as his dear mother stood behind him in her pyjamas with Mews in her arms.

"Dusty why were you at Mike's for so long?" she asked. "And you're drenched. You should have come home--"

"As soon as it started raining I know," said Dustin admittedly. He slowly walked up to his mother pleading. "Look, mom, I am so sorry, we were having so much fun playing D&D I lost track of time and I didn't even hear it start raining, so as soon as I did I raced straight back home and I knew you would be mad at me and I didn't want to get in trouble so I tried to come back and dry myself without you knowing and now your here and mom I am so sorry."

Dustin's mother looked at him softly. "It's okay Dusty," she said. "Just let me dry you and--"

"Um, no that's okay mom I can dry myself," Dustin said, pushing his mother back into her room as Mews jumped out of her arms.

Mom: "Are you sure sweety, you look very wet."

Dustin: "Yup, I'm sure. Now what you need is a rest."

Mom: "Are you absolutely sure I can help clean up."

Dustin: "Yup I'm sure, okay you go back to bed now okay I love you bye."

Dustin shut the door behind him and relief washed over him. He then walked back down the hall to let the person he's hiding in but heard Mews hissing violently.

Dustin paused.

"Mews?" he called out. He heard the cat hissed again. "Mews?"

Dustin opened his bedroom door to find his cat hissing furiously at the little girl, who stood at the wall frozen.