(CH7) The Story Of Us

Scarlett waited for Aaron to show up at the coffee shop. It wasn't like they did anything. They didn't kiss, hold hands, or any of that romantic stuff. But she felt it. Did Aaron? Maybe? There was something else between them. Something more. Scarlett believed in being honest. But was that going to only drive Aaron and her into the friend zone only? Now that didn't make Scarlett feel right.

"Hey Scarlett!"

"Aaron hey!" Scarlett got up and hugged Aaron. He was so much taller then her. Then again Scarlett always loved tall guys.

"I can't believe you're acutely here."

"I know it's crazy!"

Aaron and Scarlett kept smiling they couldn't help it. Scarlett was all giggly, which made her so much cuter in Aaron eyes. Then Scarlett phone went off again. Scarlett glanced at her phone. Of course it was James calling.

"Something wrong?" Aaron asked. He could see the look on Scarlett face.

"Oh my gosh your Scarlett Johnson! Your like dating James Franco." The girl working there said as she walked by their table.

Scarlett smiled at the girl "Hi"

"Oh my gosh can I please have your autograph?"

"Yes you can." Scarlett signed her name on a napkin.

"Can I have picture with you?" The girl asked.

Scarlett looked over at Aaron as he was looking at her. "Sure."

The girl took the picture on her phone. Then looked over at Aaron. "Aaron Tveit!" The girl shouted!

"That's me."

"I love you!"

Scarlett was still looking at Aaron. Aaron glanced over at her.

"Can I have your autograph and a picture too? Better yet can I please have a photo with the two of you together?"

"Sure..." Aaron and Scarlett took the picture with the girl. Then Aaron signed his autograph for the girl. The girl was so happy and finally left them alone.

"That was interesting." Aaron said.

"Aaron I need to tell you something."

"Yeah what's up?"

"I know where not dating or anything.... never mind I sound lame. We are totally friends right?"

"Friends?" Aaron didn't like the sound of that.

"Cause I haven't broken up with my boyfriend yet."

"James Franco." Aaron said not sure how to feel.

"Yeah so this can't be anything just yet. Or I'm crazy."

"I like you Scarlett" Aaron said as he looked at her.

"I like you too Aaron."

Scarlett took a second to let all this cave in. "I don't know what to do."

"Talk to James, whatever happens with the two of you. I'll respect it. But just know I'll be here waiting for you." —- "I'm going to go now, see you tomorrow."

"Okay yeah see you tomorrow." Scarlett watched Aaron leave. Then she got her phone out and called James.

The phone ringed for what felt like forever. Then Scarlett's heart stopped.

"Hello"

"Hey James, it's me Scarlett."

"Scarlett I'm surprised you called back. It was like playing phone tag. But knowing the person was ignoring you."