𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭: Nobody's Perfect - J COLE FT MISSY ELLIOT

————————
Walking in the skybox with her family, Naomi spotted Kari and Lily.

Ja texted and asked if she could bring Kari a happy meal because she hated the stadium food. Nai laughed to herself, them damn hotdogs tasted microwaved as hell.

"Hey Ms. Lily, Kari I bought you a happy meal. Your daddy told me you hate the food here." Nai smiled as Kari got up and hugged her.

"Thank you Naomi." Kari cheesed and grabbed box from nai , peeking around nai she seen Nai's family. She whispered to nai "Who are they?"

"This is my family Kari." Nai smiled, "My brother, sister, mom, and dad." Looking back, Chris was making a plate and Chloe waved at Kari.

Kari smiled back at her and sat down at the table with Nai's parents.

"Well hello beautiful who are you?" Anna smiled at Kari.

Kari blushed, "I'm Makaria."

The game was about to begin any minute now and Nai was anxious. The talk with her parents was on her mind heavily. How would Ja react? Sighing, she grabbed her phone and checked it.

Yo wassup? you seem a lil off boog.
Delivered @  6:54 pm

I'm good, I promise. Keep your head in the game 🤍. -6:54

Ja just liked the message. He could tell something was weighing heavy on her and was sure to bring it up later after the game. This game against the 76ers was usually light weight.

Throwing his phone back in his bag he stood up. Everybody in the locker room was preparing for the game. They had already had the team prayer.

Coach Jenkins walked out of his office and approached Ja. Jenkins was an older white guy who had got appointed as head coach in Ja's first year in the nba.

"Blow their asses out the water tonight." He patted Ja's shoulder. Nodding in agreement, Ja watched as coach walked off. He and Coach Jenkins had a tight bond. He always dropped gems of wisdom and encouragement.

...

Soon, the game ended 102-75, Grizzlies lead. Ha scored about 45 points this game. To him, it was slight and he could do better.

After the game, every one left to meet at Ja's house. His family was throwing a huge party and wanted everyone to come.

While everyone walked out to the party, Naomi decided to go upstairs and freshen up. The conversation with her parents had her anxiety through the roof.

Sighing, she opened the door to Ja's bedroom and heard the shower on.

"Nai that's you?" He semi-yelled from the shower.

"Yeah it's me Ja." She took her heels off and put them in his closet. Rubbing her fingers through her hair she sat her purse on the dresser.

Soon, the shower cut off and seen him getting out the shower wrapping the towel around his waist.

Biting down on her lip, she walked in the bathroom and stood next to him plugging in her flat iron.