29.

~ᓚᘏᗢ~

    At one point Lily had fallen asleep, she couldn't pin point when nor did she really care . But she for sure slept deeply throughout . It might've been the most uncomfortable sleep she's slept but at least she slept at all . Patrick was oddly comforting given his more skinny physique. She woke up with the truck moving, she was still in the laying in the backseats by back scrunched in an uncomfortable position , her eyes where blinded by the bright morning light as soon as she opened them  . She covered her head with the blanket and rose to sit up . She peeked out from her the blanket and saw Patrick driving, he was in a different t-shirt and had sunglasses on .  

    Ss she stretched , joints popped and she groaned as the tension through her body released . Patrick looked back for a second and smiled before returning in eyes to the road. 

" How about you get changed , beautiful . Your bag is on floor somewhere . We're gonna stop by and get something to eat in a bit ." 

Lily nodded and brushed the blanket off her . She looked around the truck still in a haze, her mind still in a dream-like state.

" What time is it ?" she asked, though her question went unanswered . Lily looked down at the car floor and noticed her duffle bag, she unzipped it and pulled out some jeans and a tank top . She looked at the clothing and than up at Patrick .

 "Don't be shy " he spoke , Lily rolled her eyes and started to pull off her shirt, quickly pulling on her tank top,  good , quick and easy . All she had to do next is put her jeans on . She laid down and pulled off her pajama pants , shifting around ,pulling on her jeans. She shuffled and lifted her hips until she was able to fully zip up and button her jeans . she sighed and looked at Patrick. Who luckily was to busy looking at the road and not at her . She sat up and looked through her bag

" Patrick where are my shoes ?" she asked . 

"Under the seat" he responded. The car started to make turns and go over bumps .  She reached her hands under the seats and patted around for shoes . she felt a few rods of metal and lone work tools that had been thrown under. She finally came across the fabric of her shoes and tugged them out from under the seat . 

    She pulled on her shoes, laced up and tied the laces . she rested in her seat and starred out the window .  tall tress passed by, building every few second . They were entering some town . The more and more Patrick drove, the more buildings had passed. She watched the outside as they car pulled into a small desolate parking lot . Patrick pulled into a parking spot and turned off the engine .  He looked back and shifted his head towards the passenger seat

" Why you still back there for, hop up front " he spoke , pulling off the sunglasses he had on . Lily looked away from the window and at patrick. She started to climb into the the front seat, seating herself in the passenger seat. Lily looked out the front window of the car. They were parked Infront of a diner and by the looks of it , not so well loved. Some one really needed to clean up the place.

" You sure this is the best we can get to?" she asked. 

" Don't be picky , there's still snacks left if you don't what this shithole serves" he spoke , Lily looked down at the plastic bag of snacks and up at the diner

" I'll check it out , if nothing is good . . . I'll take my chances with the snacks" she said , opening her car door and hopping out . Her legs tingled as her feet made contact with the concrete . She stretched her muscles. She shut the car door and she heard the Patrick's door open and and close . Footsteps approaching her . 

Lily took in a deep breathe, inhaling the earthy smell.

    Patrick grabbed her hand , intertwining their hands together. They walked together towards the door of the diner. Patrick pushed open the door, the chime of a bell ringing along . No waiter or waitress greeted them at the door, just giving them a glance , a pair of waitress talking with each other before one headed towards Lily and Patrick . 

" You can seat yourselves down , one of us will be with you in a minute " the waitress said as she handed them two menus , she was chewing a piece of gum loudly . The Gum smacking against her teeth . Her breathe wafted in Lily's face, a smell of coffee and fruity bubblegum . Otherwise , Lily gave a polite smile and pulled Patrick along sitting them at a booth close to the front doors. 

    The diner had a grungy look to itself , the common colors being of brown, grey , and orange. A strange combination , but it somehow worked overall.  The restaurant was freezing, the table was and seats were cold at contact , the diner was all in all . Every uncomfortable for Lily to be at. 

    Eventually the waitress came by . There wasn't much on the menu .  Simple typical American meals. Soups, sandwich's, breakfast and dinner meals. Not much to drink either, not even a simple milkshake .

    After the waitress gave the couple time to look over the menu she spoke 

" Could i start you two off with anything?" she asked. Lily looked up for a brief moment than back down 

" Yeah, I'd just like a water and maybe umm  the. . . breakfast . . .  bundle" she spoke , squinting her eyes to read the menu . The lettering was small and hard to read .  She concluded on the breakfast bundle ( which consisted of a three pancake stack , eggs , two link sausage and side of fresh fruit - which Lily highly doubted the fruit was 'fresh'-) 

" How'd you like you're eggs" she asked

" Scrambled " she responded, the waitress turned her body towards Patrick and stared at him 

" How about you ?" she asked

" Same thing , got any beer though?" he spoke 

" Pat, It's like eleven in the morning  " Lily scolded 

" Yeah , we got beer ." The waitress spoke in-between 

" I'll have that-"

" He'll just have water, thank you " Lily interrupted . Patrick shut his mouth and glared at Lily . He did not like the fact she spoke for him 

" Hey , don't interrupt me " he spoke defensively

" I am not getting in the car if you decide to get a beer. drink something other than beer and soda  for once " she said her hands playing with her hair. she did not love the idea of getting in the car with him if he decide to drink a beer. One would lead into two and next thing she know he'll be complaining about how he's tired .  

" Fine , I'll get have a fucking water than" Patrick spoke to the waitress, in a more snarky tone. Lily sighed and shook her head collecting the menu's and putting them down on the table . The waitress left taking the menus with her, going towards her friend and started a chat with them .

"Jesus patrick, you didn't have to overreact , it's just water. " Lily spoke , resting her hand in her lap and looking away from him.  Patrick exhaled deeply and slumped back into the uncomfortable diner leather booth . 

" Yeah, right right. Cant wait to get back on the road  . . . this shithole stinks " he spoke, rubbing his eyes then running his hands through his hair . 

~ᓚᘏᗢ~

(Word Count: 1,370)

(Vote, Follow, Share)

(A/N: "Favor - A Bowers Gang Fanfic" IS OUT. GO TO MY PAGE A CHECK IT OUT. IT IS A SMUTTY STORY SOO BEWARE . )