012: Fourth Prince Lan Is a Bastard

"Xiao Zhan, you can't continue like this," Yuan exclaimed as he walked into his young master's room with a tray of delicious-looking food. He set it aside and rushed over to the bed where Xiao Zhan rested, buried under the blankets, twitching, and shivering. Well, it was the third day of starving and Xiao Zhan was sure he was going to die.

He hide under the covers, trying so hard not to inhale the sweet aroma of the food resting on the table. The fourth prince was nothing but a bastard, sending in food knowing every well he wouldn't be able to eat it and why the hell did they smell so freaking food and mouth-watering?

If he ever got out of this, he was going to beat the shit out of the fourth prince, that was if he got out of this alive. Would he be called selfish if he was praying for Wei Ying to take back his body, perhaps the young master had more tolerance for hunger than he did because Xiao Zhan was sure, they were both going to lose a body to reside if he went another hour without food.

"W-we-ll..." He stuttered uncontrollably under the sheets, cramming the space with the grounding sound of his teeth. "I-i-I'm not g-going to all-ow that b-bastard to think he w-won!"

He was Xiao Zhan, the most handsome of them all and he never lose to anyone, especially the likes of fourth prince Lan Wangji.

Yuan instantly got on his knees, tears streaming down the lad's face. "It was all my fault, I shouldn't have taken you to the tavern, I'm sorry!" He wept.

Xiao Zhan sluggishly peeked his head out from the sheets. "H-hey, get up now, it was my f-ault a-nd I'm p-aying for it, it's o-nly five d-ays, I can take it!" He assured with a tiny smile, followed by a shiver but they knew better.

"I'm sorry!" Yuan wailed louder, his forehead gracing the floor.

Xiao Zhan beamed, slipping into the covers, away from the temping sight of the food within his view. Again, Lan Wangji was nothing but a bastard!

*~*

Hours later, Xiao Zhan's body finally gave up the fight as he lay unconscious on the bed, little Yuan screaming as he walked into the room, seeing his young master's pale face.

The screams attracted attention as Prince Lan Wangji and Commander Jian-Jun burst into the room as if they were just waiting at the door, followed by a doctor, who immediately rushed to the omega's side, checking on his pulse.

"How is he?" The prince's deep voice implored, gawking down at the omega's bloodless face and barely rising chest. Such a fool.

"My prince, it seems the third consort has been without food nor water for three to four days, his body finally gave out, he's only passed out,"

Yuan's wails got louder as he got on his knees, grabbing the prince's leg. "Spare my master and punish me instead, he won't survive the remaining days, he's going to die!"

"If this continues, he's going to develop intestine damage which will be dangerous for his reproductive system as an omega." The doctor continued after further examination.

Lan Wangji stared unblinkingly. For a moment, he forgot the person lying on the bed was a vulnerable Omega since he didn't act like one.

It was silent for a moment till a cough erupted from Xiao Zhan's throat, his back arching off the bed as he beat his chest while the physician tried to stop him.

"Xiao Zhan!" Yuan exclaimed, rushing to his master's side, instantly supporting his unstable body.

Xiao Zhan? The prince almost thought he heard wrong till the lad repeated the name.

"Xiao Zhan, please eat something, your body won't be able to take it!" He immediately grabbed a cup of water and brought it to his Omega but was pushed away, another painful cough leaving his throat.

"It's n-ot the se-venth d-ay y-et" he uttered in a pained tone as he stubbornly refused, turning his head to the side to avoid the cup brought to his lips. As long as it wasn't the seventh day, he won't taste anything. He would rather die than sleep with that monster face!

He might be trapped in an unknown world but it was only temporary, he only needed to find the key and return home and when the time comes, he would give anything to laugh at that monster's face. It would be nothing but bliss, he only needed to survive till the seventh day.

Xiao Zhan felt his eyes shut no matter how hard he tried to keep them open.

"Almost to your grave, you are still being stubborn," Prince Lan Wangji finally spoke, holding his hands behind him.

In his weak state, Xiao Zhan smirked. "Why, you think I'm going to lose to you. Look at me every well, I never lose at anything!" He managed without stammering and he couldn't be happier.

The prince glared with malice in his dark eyes. "Get him something to eat and make sure he gets back on his feet the next day!" He swiftly turned and walked out of the room, leaving an echoing sound as his boot railed against the floor.

Yuan brought the cup to Xiao Zhan's lips once again and this time, he took a sip with a triumphant smile as he stared at the door where the prince just walked out.

Did he win or did he lose?

To be continued...!

*~*

The next Chapter is going to be a big reveal and the plot takes a sudden turn.

I'm looking forward to it and I hope you are too!

Catch you later, don't forget to check out my other books!