017: Meeting The 1st Prince

"What do you think Lan Zhan will like?" Xiao Zhan grilled at Yuan who walked beside him as they hiked around the busy streets, walking past shop after shop.

"Xiao Zhan, you should refrain from using the fourth prince's name," Yuan whispered, noticing the glance the citizens sent their way.

Xiao Zhan waved his hand dismissively, stopping at the jewelry shop. He picked up a necklace. Getting a gift meant he would have to buy it. He turned to Yuan. "How much do we own?"

"Enough to get whatever you want," Yuan answered and Xiao Zhan brightened, checking more of the pieces of jewelry when suddenly his wrist was grabbed and he reeled sharply to find an unfamiliar face. "What the fuck dude! You can't go around grabbing people's hands!" He yanked his hand from the man's grip, rubbing it and glaring.

The unknown man frowned. "Wei Ying,"

Fuck! Xiao Zhan thought. This man was a friend of the Young Master. Xiao Zhan awkwardly cleared his throat and hastily turned to Yuan. "Who's he?" He whispered in the lowest tone he could muster.

"That's the first Prince," Yuan whispered back and Xiao Zhan's mouth dropped open, instantly looking back at the man he now knew as the First Prince.

What was he supposed to do now?

"Hi," He spoke in English, scanning the 1st Prince over and realizing how handsome he was. Wei Ying was a lucky bitch for having two men fight over him.

"My Wei Ying, " The Prince reached out to hold Xiao Zhan's hands, sporting a dreadful smile on his face. "I have missed you so much,"

Xiao Zhan chuckled awkwardly, slowly dragging his hands from the prince's hold. "We are in public, we shouldn't be doing this here,"

"Do you wish to go to private, my carriage is just ahead, " The Prince stated.

"No. What I mean is, we shouldn't be doing this at all. You are already mated to my sister," Xiao Zhan said but felt a tiny tug behind him from Yuan. He shook the kid off. Xiao Zhan didn't care if he was sabotaging the relationship Wei Ying had with this Prince because the 1st prince didn't deserve the Omega after he chose his bitch of a step-sister over him.

"I understand if you think people would grow suspicious but I'm doing everything I can to make sure I become the next crown prince and once I've become the Emperor, I will fulfill my promises and we will be together again," The prince sported a hopeful gaze. Then he was taking out a bracelet from his hanfu robe.

Xiao Zhan's eyes widened at the quality of it, his hands itched to grab it but restrained himself while the Prince slowly took hold of Xiao Zhan's hand and slipped the bracelet on his wrist. "My Grandma gave this to me, she said to give it to the one I value the most and the gods know you are the most precious to me. This is my promise to you, I hope you will wait for me,"

Xiao Zhan was taking back his hand again. "I will pass this to Wei Ying, I'm sure he would like it...that's if I don't sell it first," He uttered to himself.

"I will be on my way. I promise to meet with you soon, my love,"

And then he was gone while Xiao Zhan immediately looked down at the beautiful jade bracelet. "How much do you think this will cost, Yuan? We can make a fortune with this,"

"Xiao Zhan!" Yuan clamored. "This is my master's gift from the prince, you can't sell it. My Master will be sad,"

Xiao Zhan pouted, realizing he had lost a fortune. "I'm sure he will be, let's just get what we want and go,"

*~*

Xiao Zhan and Yuan arrived back at the fourth prince's mansion but paused as they collided with the prince and Commander Janjun at the front of the gate. Instantly, the prince's gaze averted to the bracelet around Xiao Zhan's wrist. "You met with Syrian?"

"Who?" Xiao Zhan frowned in confusion. Who the heck was Syrian?!

"That's the 1st Prince, Xiao Zhan," Yuan hushed behind him.

"Oh!" Xiao Zhan realized. He looked back at Lan Wangji. "Ah yes, we met. He's such a sweet and handsome young Alpha,"

"He gave you the bracelet. Do you realize you are the third consort of the fourth prince? You can't accept gifts from others, especially Alphas!" The Commander scolded.

"Well I'm sorry, I was caught off guard. I'm planning on selling it anyway. I'm sure it would fetch some fine cash," Xiao Zhan didn't realize he ranted in his native language and English till the unfamiliar word slipped out of the prince's lips.

"Cash?"

"That's another word for money," Xiao Zhan answered quickly.

"You speak a lot of unfamiliar and weird words," The prince stared at him intently.

Shit! Xiao Zhan felt trapped under that intense gaze. He chuckled nervously. "I could be from another world, you know,"

Lan Wangji scanned Xiao Zhan over before he met his eyes. "It could be,"

Xiao Zhan beamed, then he was grabbing the bag of things he brought. "I brought you a gift, I didn't know what you liked so I brought a lot of things. Believe me, you have a lot to choose from," He wiggled his brows. Then he realized the prince was heading out. "Are you going out, can I come?"

"Aren't you tired from your little strode?" The prince questioned and Xiao Zhan immediately shook his head.

"I'm not!" He answered quickly.

"You can not come with me and get rid of the bracelet before I return,"

Without spearing a glance, Lan Wangji left with his Commander.

"Xiao Zhan, the prince sounded jealous," Yuan pointed and Xiao Zhan nodded.

"Yeah, he was jealous,"

To be continued...!