015: Unnatural

Xiao Zhan didn't know how he got close to Xiao Xingchen to the point of seeing him every day.

A week had passed since they met and they had become the best of friends and somehow, Xiao Zhan felt that Xingchen knew and understood him better than anyone and he was at the point of spilling his every enigma to the expectant Omega.

He needed to converse with someone, someone that would discern his dilemma, and right now, he reckoned Xingchen was that person.

"Do you understand?" Xiao Zhan ogled expectantly at the pregnant Omega sitting at the other side of the little table in his cottage which Xiao Zhan was visiting for the tenth time in ten days, after raving his entire saga and now he anticipated an answer.

Xingchen hummed. "For some reason, I do,"

Hastily, Xiao Zhan illuminated and he reached out to grasp the omega's hand. "I'm so glad, I was going crazy bubbling everything in, I really need to communicate with someone,"

The Omega smiled, patting Xiao Zhan's hand over his. "And I'm glad you chose me to be that person,"

"So, what do you think I should do? I mean, I don't even know if Lan Wangji is Wang Yibo from my past life and I can't tell if Wei Ying is my past life,"

Xingchen listened attentively, deterring himself from cascading everything out on the table, that would mean excavating his Alpha and Xingchen didn't want that. He needed to stop his mate's plans and send Xiao Zhan back to his timeline. If he was going to die, he should at least do something right.

Right now, he strived to tell Xiao Zhan he understood more than he did. He knew why he was sent back and how he would be able to return.

"What if you are," He let out and Xiao Zhan moved in closely, curiosity eating at his nerves.

"What do you mean?"

"What if you are Wei Ying and Wang Yibo is Lan Wangji, what If this is your past life and you were sent back to accomplish and correct something you failed in this lifetime as Wei Ying. What if this is your second chance to make things right, " Xingchen explained and Xiao Zhan gaped.

"You believe that?" Xiao Zhan marveled.

"I believe a lot of things Xiao Zhan and one of them is, everything happens for a cause. You coming here wasn't an accident. Either it was planned or your unconsciousness did it. It brought you back to your starting point,"

Xiao Zhan stared in awe. He knew he had come to the right person. "I just want to go back home,"

Xingchen peered with fondness, reaching out to stroke Xiao Zhan's hair. "You will if you make things right as you should,"

"How do I do that?" Xiao Zhan polled curiously. If he was brought back to correct what he did wrong, how would he be able to know what that was and change it? If he changed things now, wouldn't it affect the future?

Xingchen smiled. "Tell me, have you felt a deep sense of loneliness and longing when you look at someone?"

Xiao Zhan thought back. Loneliness, longing? Had he felt those emotions before? He shook his head after a moment of thought. "I don't think so,"

"You should think more and when you've figured it out, that's the only way you can return to your time,"

Xiao Zhan suddenly grimaced and gawked at the other Omega disdainfully. "You seem to know a lot. It's like you were waiting for me to spill everything,"