013: Not So Ugly After All

Fourth Prince Lan Wangji burst in through the doors of his study, thrashing the first thing he saw as the poor table flipped against the wall. He snappily whirled to  Commander Jian-Jun. "Am I that undesirable?" He catechized, losing his last bit of cool.

Jian-Jun shrugged, tucking back his laughter because he knew one wrong word and those eyes would flare him to ashes. "Well, your highness, with the rumors going around, everyone thinks you are an ugly monster beneath the mask," He retorted, clapping a hand over his mouth to mute the pressing laughter that was about to erupt at the enthusiasm in the prince's eyes that he was called ugly over and over again. He hadn't cared before till now, all because of some deviant Omega.

Lan Wangji's hand wad into a tight fist, his dark eyes glaring at nothing in particular. "Who started these rumors?"

Jian-Jun faked a cough before letting out in a tiny voice. "You did," he responded and winced when Lan Wangji lurched his drilling gaze toward him.

"I didn't think everyone would take it that seriously"

"Do you regret it now?" Jian-Jun pinned on, trying to feed his accumulating inquisitiveness.

"No!" The prince retorted quickly. "I didn't have a choice then,"

Growing up, he was considered bewitched for his unprecedented and phenomenal abilities. He was made the outcast prince and when the emperor believed he was old enough to carry a sword, he was sent to the battlefield where he saw no friends but enemies and blood to the point his inner beast craved nothing but blood and being so young, it was delirious, he went crazy, killing anything that has blood in it and his powers went out of control, they needed a solution and the sliver mask was suggested. It helped suppress his inner beast, he didn't wear it because he was hideous as claimed.

"You've passed that stage, you are the one who refuses to take it off" Jian-Jun murmured. The mask had done its purpose however, Lan Wangji still chose to wear it.

"It keeps the people away, I liked it that way till..." He trailed off, stopping mid-sentence as if realizing something.

"Till Consort Wei Ying called you ugly?" Jian-Jun completely the sentence and received another piercing gaze. He chuckled. "The Omega is crazy, he's nothing like the others, it's like he's from a different world, He's uncultured, uncultivated, and untamed, nothing like an Omega should be, he's rather shameless too which is weird since the young master of the Wei's household has always been rumored to be mannered and gracious," he stated thoughtful, trying to find the missing piece that made the Omega so different from what he had heard and seen before.

"He's crazy and should be nowhere close to me," Lan Wangji exclaimed, holding his hands behind him.

Jian-Jun chuckled once more. "You have always been so cold-hearted, words have never implicated you before but now you are underscoring over an Omega. If I didn't know better, I would have said you have feelings for this omega,"

Lan Wangji immediately looked away, ignoring the pound of his heart at the words. "Shut up and get out!" He ordered.

Commander Jian-Jun suppressed his giggle and ducked his head before the prince and saluted. "Yes, Your highness,"

<MIDNIGHT>

Carefully and quietly, Xiao Zhan sneaked out from his chambers with little Yuan trailing at his back.

"I don't think it's a good idea, Xiao Zhan," For a thousand times, Yuan tried to pull the feisty and shameless male out of his plan.

"Shhhh, Yuan. It's now or never, there will be no better time to do this again,"