chapter twelve

A/N: hi guys! I decided I would put up a quick chapter to celebrate 1.96k reads and 200+ votes! You guys are amazing! Don't forget to comment, vote, share, and follow if you aren't already. Enjoy! ^.^

-

"How's my favorite sister doing?" Joe said as he and the rest of the band paraded into my hospital room, bombarding me with cards, food, wrapped gifts, and those get-well balloons that you always find at Walgreens. "How are you feeling?"

I shrugged. "A little off. But I'm okay." I looked around at all the gifts. "You guys didn't have to do this all for me...."

"Oh, but we did," Pete intervened, grinning. "Open mine first!" He placed a flat box on my lap. I neatly peeled away the wrapping paper to reveal a pizza box. I raised and eyebrow and he rushed me to open it. Inside lay a pizza, but not just any pizza- it was meticulously crafted into the shape of a heart. I smiled.

"Thank you, Pete!" I giggled before picking up the whole thing in my hands and sinking my teeth into the pizza, savoring the juicy pepperoni and sauce. I licked my fingers as Andy, and Joe set boxes on my lap.

"I got you something too," Patrick said, smiling down at the floor.

"I'll open yours next, Patrick-"

He shook his head. "Save mine for last?" I nodded and smiled. I opened Andy's next, who had presented me with a beautiful black ankle-length dress. I had never seen anything like it, dark lace accenting the shoulders and hems.

"It's beautiful, Andy! I love it!"

He giggled. "I thought you'd like it."

Next, I opened Joe's present. It was a black button up shirt with the band's official logo and Trohman printed on the back.

"It's for the tour. We all got them."

I smiled and hugged the shirt to my chest.
"My turn!" Patrick grinned. "Close your eyes. I'll be right back." I skeptically closed my eyes and waited for Patrick to return. "Okay, open them." I opened them slowly, my eyes adjusting the large object in Patrick's hand. It was a case.... a guitar case.

"A new guitar?" I gasped as Patrick set it on the bed and opened it. It wasn't acoustic, like mine. It was a blindingly gorgeous white electric guitar, the edges shimmering with silver.

"For the tour," he said, beaming, casting a spell on me to smile as well, from ear to ear.

"It's... beautiful...!" I exclaimed gratefully, running my finger along the smooth edges of the beautiful instrument. "But you didn't have to-"

"Melanie, just accept the damn guitar!" Joe chuckled. I nodded, shrugging.

"Alright. It's just...nobody's done something like this for me before... But thank you, seriously." I tried to be as calm and sincere as possible, but inside my mind, I was doing cartwheels. I didn't want to believe that I had received all of these things from international stars, let alone the fact I was actually going to perform with them. It was beginning to become hard to take in, so much that I felt I was dreaming.

Patrick hugged me and placed the guitar neatly back in its case once I was finished examining it.

The chatter continued for a little while, but unfortunately had to end as my nurse bustled in and shooed everybody out, insisting "I needed rest". I honestly felt fine, despite being slightly light headed. There was no arguing though, once the IV was inserted into my arm, a sedative injected into the tube, and slowly everything faded as my eyes and my mind drifted away into a state of empty solitude.