chapter twenty-four

"Melanie?"  Patrick knocked feebly on the door, calling softly.

"What?" I groaned, clutching the sides of my head under my solitary fortress of blankets that swallowed me in complete darkness.

"Do you want to try eating something?"

I'd had a splitting headache all morning accompanied by extreme moodiness and a moaning stomach.  I blamed it potentially on withdrawl from my self inflicted pain.  I'd had this before, but along with travel-induced stress, it had reached an insurmountable level.  I sighed and moved my hand up and down my stomach.  "I guess... Maybe a banana?  Something light."

The door squeaked quietly as it opened and a beam of light shot into my hiding place as Patrick slowly lifted up the blanket.  I hissed and squeezed my eyes shut.  I was not used to the light, as I had been moping around here in the dark ever since I woke up.  I sat up and kicked off the blanket and took the banana that was resting in Patrick's hand as he held it out to me.

"You feeling any better?" he asked, the concern on his face obvious.

"No, not really," I sighed, tugging at his arm.  "Lie down with me..." I whined like a child, pulling him down on top of me.

"Oh, am I hurting you?  I'm sorry-"

I giggled.  "Patrick, it's fine! Don't worry so much."   I aligned my lips with his and placed my hands tenderly on his wrists, guiding them down to my waist.  He mumbled something against my lips as I chuckled, moving them roughly against his.  

Patrick was hesitant at first, but as our "makeout session" became more intense, he loosened up and became more comfortable, not to mention aggressive.  It almost didn't seem like it was Patrick.  He acted so innocent and saint-like the majority of the time.  But that was no saint kissing me.

"You..." he panted, parting his lips from mine momentarily for a gulp of air,"you are so goddamn beautiful."  He smashed them against mine again, and it stung slightly from the force, but I forced myself to ignore it.  

Patrick held his lips against mine for a second, as if he was waiting, and without any warning, slipping his tongue inside my mouth as his lips worked around mine.  My breath hitched, my fingers tangling themselves in his already messy hair.  

"Fuck, Trick-" I groaned, pressing a hand to my head, two fingers encircling my left temple. 

"Are you okay?" he asked, brows furrowed as he lifted himself off of me quickly.

"Y-yeah, just really hurts..."  I cringed in pain and returned to my fetus-position. 

Patrick clenched his jaw.  "Our next show is tomorrow...  Are you gonna be able to play?"

I squinted my eyes and shot him a worried glanced.  "I dunno... Probably."

"I don't want you to go if you still feel ill."

"Sure, fine..."  He grazed my cheek with the side of his hand. "Now let me sleep," I said jokingly before rolling over and squeezing my eyes shut, the pain in my temples fluctuating with my pulse.  

I'm sure Patrick recieved the message that I would prefer to be left alone when I heard the door click softly.  I opened my eyes a centimeter or two to glance at my phone.  I cringed as the screen turned on, a sharp pain shooting through the back of my head;  I managed to read the time still, 7:09.

I blinked a couple times, shocked at how late it had gotten.  My body clock was still on 10 or so in the morning, so that only made me more tired.  I decided to disregard the guiltiness that was tugging at my insides, because I still felt like shit, and tucked myself back in under the covers and shut my eyes, hoping for a better tomorrow, one without relentless headaches.

sorry this chapter was really irrelevant but I've been really busy so I had to give you guys this one. New one coming soon.  also, school is starting this coming Thursday, so updates may be slightly slower.  Just keeping you guys updated :-)

thanks for reading!

-liesl