1: A Year Later

The events last year are very much gone now, Lily and Lorcan broke up a week after her and I's kiss, and I am currently struggling with deciding on what to wear. When we kissed last year, Lily and I immediately started going out. We'd hidden our relationship by going places no one else would go - like the Shrieking Shack or walks along the edge of the Forbidden Forest.

Now the new year has flown by, and Valentine's Day was here. Lily and I agreed that this day was going to be our dating announcement by going to Hogsmeade. I looked up relieved when I heard Riley come into the room. She came in for a hug and I was ready to reciprocate when I caught a whiff of her.

"Oh. Got doused?" I asked.

Riley sighed, "Yeah. You know, you guys should have an alert system for when someone gets the password wrong. I ran all over the school looking for Alice."

I looked at her, "You could've texted me."

Riley looked up at me, "Uh, about that. I couldn't. You texted me while I was practicing. When I got the notification, my phone fell out of my pocket."

I nodded. Riley sent me a quick glare, "Now. What were you worrying about?" before I said anything, Riley rolled her eyes, "Boys. Lily's wearing casual fancy."

I smiled, "Thanks, Ri."

Riley smiled, "No problem. Now hurry up. You've got a date in half an hour."

I smiled as Riley left me alone. Turning around I looked at my reflection in the mirror, feeling my heart do a quick somersault in my chest. It did that every time I looked at myself in any mirror nowadays. Ever since last year.

I shook my head, "No. Not today, Ly."

~~~

I sat out front Madam Puddifoot's, bouncing my leg anxiously and rubbing my hands together. My stomach was doing cartwheels during my anticipation. I'd offered to walk Lily from the castle, but she insisted on the surprising everyone IN Hogsmeade.

All my nerves stopped abruptly when I caught sight of her. She was wearing a simple white blouse, paired with black trousers, and finishing the look was a light blue cardigan. I got to my feet and met her a third of the way.

"Well, I have to say, you look exceptionally stunning." I told her.

Lily blushed and smiled, "And you look devilishly handsome."

I felt my face flush deep red but smiled through the compliment. I held up my hand to Lily.

"Shall we?" I asked.

Lily smiled and took my hand gently, "We shall."

Lily and I went in and sat down at a table. People would occasionally do double takes and go off to talk to their friends, but I didn't care. I was sitting at a table with the girl I loved, not a care in the world.

I suddenly felt a weird chill down my spine. I tried to forget about it and focus on Lily in front of me, but she looked like she'd just seen a ghost. I took her by the hand and leaned closer.

"Did you get a weird chill, too?" I asked softly, running my thumb soothingly over her knuckles.

Lily nodded, "Yeah."

I nodded in understanding and gave her a look saying, if she wants to find a place to be alone, we could leave. Lily gave me a look that said yes. I left a hefty sum of sickles and knuts, and walked with Lily out of the shop.

We'd walked halfway back through Hogsmeade when we ran into Riley, Alice, and Lorcan.

"Did you also feel that chill?" Lily asked.

They nodded in unison.