5: MACUSA

I walked beside my brother and Lily. Alice and Riley walked behind us as we followed Tina down the street. We came to a halt when Tina stopped in front of a doorman. She whispered something in his ear and the doorman nodded, opening the door while subtly waving his wand.

She looked at us and gestured us in with her head. We immediately listened and she followed us in close behind. The five of us looked around with our mouths ajar. The British Ministry was impressive, but MACUSA was absolutely spectacular. Lily took hold of my hand in a 'I'm nervous' kind of way, so I looked down at her quickly, gave it a quick squeeze, and smiled assuringly.

Lily smiled at me, and we walked on, following Tina in the busy crowds. She took us down to a row of offices. She ushered us into one of the separate rooms. Looking around the room, it was very clear this was her office. There were some files scattered neatly on her desk, but what drew my attention specifically was one special case file.

I ran my fingers slowly across Erika's picture. I was staring so much at my sister's photo; I didn't notice Tina approaching me.

"Do you know her?" she asked. I nodded, absentminded, "How do you know her?"

"She's our sister." Lorcan said, standing beside me, looking at the picture.

"Her name's Erika." I said, quietly. I looked at Tina with tears I didn't realize I had, "We didn't want to tell the truth, because it's unimaginable. But, if you want to know anything about her, you should know. She shouldn't be in this time, and neither should we!"

"Lysander!" Lily and Alice yelled out at me.

I rounded around, "SHUT UP!!!"

The girls backed away slightly when I raised my voice. I realized what I'd done.

"Lil-"

Lily pulled away, "Lysander. I think you should tell her as much as you can about Erika."

Lily walked out of the room. Alice followed, as did Lorcan. It was just Riley and I left. I looked up at Riley.

"You go with them." I told her quietly.

Riley tilted her head, "Ly. You're my best friend. Lily will come around, but she's with Lorcan and Alice." she smiled kindly, "I'll stay with you."

Tina was now sitting behind her desk, going through Erika's file, "Well, what you said does explain why her file is so sparse." she looked up at the door, "Will she be alright?"

I nodded, "She's been through so much. She'll manage."

Riley stomped on my foot. Looking back at Tina, she said, "He's not so bright when it comes to people, especially Lily."

I flared my nostrils at her.

Tina chuckled and looked down at her files, "You remind me of someone."

I looked up to see her hiding a smile, "Newt Scamander?"

She looked up at me, "How did you-?"

Riley answered for me, "He's been compared to him a lot."

"A lot of people say I remind them more of my nana." I said, "My brother on the other hand-"

Riley elbowed me in the chest. I clasped my hand over it and frowned at her.

Tina wasn't paying attention to this. She was writing something down in Erika's file. All three of us were suddenly perked up at the sound of-

"LYSANDER!!!"

I looked at Riley before bolted out the door. Turning to the right, I stopped in my tracks. Lily and Alice stood against the walls watching helpless as my brother was lifted in the air. His head twitched, his limbs twitched, and his eyes moved in his sockets rapidly. I ran up and took hold of his legs and attempted to yank him down, but his legs kicked me away.

Riley and Tina joined us. When they saw Lorcan, I heard their feet shuffle to a stop. I tore my wand from my sleeve and thrust it in front of me, angled up at my brother. I didn't want to hurt him, but I had a feeling this was the only way to get him down. My spell hit him square in the chest and he went flying through the air. Something about whatever was happening to him and my rescue attempt collided and created a portal.

I ran toward my brother and grabbed his wrist. I felt my feet slide forward. Looking over my shoulder.

"Lily! Alice!" I screamed, "Help! Please!"

I turned back to my brother. Feeling two pairs of hands grab my shoulders, I looked up to see Riley and Tina at my sides. I looked back at my brother and pulled with all my might.

I felt my hands slip on his sleeves. He still wasn't awake. I gripped tighter. The portal's grasp on my brother wasn't letting go easily. My feet slid a little further. I saw Lily and Alice enter my peripheral's and grabbed onto Lorcan's hands tightly.

The five of us pulled with all our might.