11: The Country House

Lorcan flew to the side, and I could no longer see any glimpse of Tina's apartment. I fell through the portal, seeing nothing but white. Suddenly, I hit the ground with immense force, I heard several things crack. Thank God it was my left side.

I stood up and fell down again, seizing in pain.

"My leg! My arm!" I screamed.

Riley ran to my side and slowly waved her wand over my leg. I felt it slowly mend. After ten to fifteen minutes, I was able to stand.

"I can't do your arm. Dad said it's more complicated than the leg." she told me.

I nodded, "That's okay."

I saw Lily out of the corner of my eye. I ran to her side, rolling her over. With my good arm, I shook her carefully but harshly. She blinked her eyes open and stared up at me.

"Lysander?" she tried to move and groaned, "Everything's sore."

I laughed.

"Newt! Newt!" we heard. I looked over to see Tina kneeling over Newt. He wasn't waking up, "Newt, come on! Wake up!"

I felt my heart drop into my stomach. He couldn't die. Benjamin still had to be born.

Tina leaned her forehead to his. It looked like she whispered something to herself or to Newt or them both, but I didn't know what it was. All I remember is my heart rising back to my chest a little as the butterflies in me watched my nana kiss my papa for the first time ever.

I couldn't help but smile. Newt started to move now, and he opened his eyes. He saw Tina leaning over him, noses touching, mouths centimeters away from each other. The two of them stayed where they were.

Jacob and Queenie were standing not far away from us, and I heard Jacob say to Queenie.

"This is some honeymoon, huh."

I looked around my surroundings and immediately felt sick to my stomach. More tunnels? Lily must've sensed my panic, because she took me by the hand and squeezed it reassuringly. Newt and Tina got to their feet and walked over to us.

"Where's your brother?" Newt asked.

I swallowed, "I felt it was safer if he wasn't allowed through." Newt nodded. I looked around the space, "Which way do we go?"

"This way." Alice said, staring down a tunnel close to them, "I hear crying."

We started down the tunnel, following Alice. How she could hear crying, I don't know. I didn't hear anything, but Alice was set on the notion someone was crying. We walked and walked until the tunnel spilled out into an open cavern. The sunlight shown in from outside, but it was so high, no one would be able to apparate out.

"So, are we going to climb out? Or just stand here?" Riley asked.

I pulled out my wand pointed it at the ground. The ground shook a little before roots shot up from the dirt. They picked up the others and carried all of us to the surface. We stepped off and I sent the roots back down.

Looking ahead of me, we were standing at the beginning of a long drive and could see a decently sized country house.

"Is that-?" Alice started.

Queenie interrupted, "-the home of our dear friend, Achilles? It sure is."

Tina took a step forward and we started a long walk down the dusty drive. I'd envisioned him living in the rich part of the city, but I guess that's not grand enough for Achilles Tolliver.

"You're absolutely right, Lysander." Queenie replied to my thought, "He's very boastful and full of himself."

I stared at the house as I walked. It was a big white house. Grand even for New York countryside. It looked like something for a family, but from what I gathered, Achilles lived alone. I didn't want to assume, but it was pretty obvious. He acted like he had nothing or no one to let down.

"Again. Another true statement, Lysander." Queenie said, "You must be the smart one in your family."

I looked at her, "No. Actually, compared to Erika, I act like my late- never mind."

I'd almost talked about Benjamin. I know he wasn't born yet, but I felt if I told them anymore about my family how I know them, I might change everything.

We finally reached the house when we heard a scream. No one could tell where it was coming from, but I knew one thing. It was-

"Erika." I said, running at the door.