The Wedding Coordinator

"After reading the disastrous menu the two of you have planned, I have realized you need help. Now I know you didn't want me interfering, but this wedding has to be perfect. That's why I've consulted with Ms. Berry to help with the planning."

Mother had gathered us at a table in the garden, requesting advice on seating arrangements. What I didn't know at the time, was that it was a ruse to get Gus and I down here to meet her personal wedding planner.

My mother hands Gus and I brochures filled to the brim of pictures of weddings assumidly Ms. Berry put on. Gus thanks her and flips through the booklet.

"She has helped orchestrate 20 of the last celebrations of your fellow family members." Mother continues.

"You picked a lady named after a fruit?" I ask.

I shriek as Gus kicks me under the table, while my mother stands there looking appalled.

"You need a filter." Gus hisses.

"I have a filter. Does anyone ever hear me swearing? No? That's why." I hiss back.

Gus shakes his head at me, as my mother in the background gasps.

"I am so sorry about her," she finally squeezes out.

"Don't worry, Your Highness. I'll make sure this'll be the wedding of the century, even if the bride's a sour apple." Berry pats her hand.

They both chuckle.

"Hey!" I protest.

"You deserve it." Gus mutters.

I ignore his comment. "Look, all I'm just trying to say, is that Gus and I have this covered." I gesture to us.

"I insist." Berry says. "My career spans 25 years. You may have your doubts, but trust me. I know what I'm doing."

"Oh, happy anniversary," I say sweetly, "but my answer is still no."

My mother pinches her brow. "Please let her help."

"It would really take some stress away from us. It's very appreciated." Gus gives me a long look. Just go along with it.

"But!" I protest.

"Wonderful! It's decided." My mother says ignoring me, clapping her hands. I sink back in my chair with a huff. "Now, show us what you've been working on."

Suck up. I mouth to Gus. He chuckles.

Berry pulls some papers out of her briefcase. "A marriage is a blend of two people, so I thought a blend of Elenora and Augustus would be appropriate."

I roll my eyes. How original for a wedding. No one ever had that idea ever.

She sorts the papers in front of her and clicks the pen. "So to start off, what are your favorite colors?" She leans towards us, pen already meeting paper.

"Deep green." Gus responds.

"Black." I answer.

Gus looks at me with exasperation.

Berry pauses. "That is," she stops, considering her words, "an interesting color scheme, but let's stick with blues for a summer wedding."

"A wonderful idea, it will be so elegant." My mother sighs.

"We can have sun elements with white roses." She starts scribbling herself notes on the ideas.

"Oh, how beautiful."

They prattle on completely ignoring me. The bride. Who this whole shindig is based around.

Gus checks his phone and clears his throat. "Well it sounds like you are off to a great start. Unfortunately I have personal matters that I have to attend to, but please keep me updated. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions for me." Gus stands up from the table and shakes Berry's outstretched hand. I follow him outside, the door clicking closed behind us.